Connect with us

us news

US lapses into WHO prevention: US stops funding for WHO

Published

on

Donald Trump has halted funding to the World Health Organization after accusing it of helping China to cover up the spread of coronavirus. The president announced he was cutting between $400million and $500million of funding to the UN-backed body on Tuesday after accusing it of taking China’s alleged lies about the spread and mortality rate of coronavirus at face value. He said those alleged blunders had allowed the virus to spread and caused deaths that could have been avoided.

Speaking on the White House lawn, Trump followed through on a threat he first made last week, saying: ‘Today I am instructing my organization to halt funding of the world health organization while a review is conducted to assess the WHO’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.

The WHO failed to investigate credible reports from sources in the Chinese city of Wuhan that conflicted government accounts and credible reports of human to human transmission in December. ‘From the middle of January it parroted and publicly endorsed the idea that there was not human to human transmission despite reports to the contrary and cost valuable time. The world received all sorts of false information on transmissability and mortality.’

The president said that: ‘Everybody knows what’s going on there’ and said WHO blunders had caused ‘Tremendous death and economic devastation.’ Trump continued: ‘Those tasked with protecting us by being transparent and truthful failed to do so. It would have been so easy to be truthful…so much death has been caused by their mistakes.

Trump accused the WHO of directly contributing to a 20-fold increase in coronavirus cases across the world, accused it of ‘many’ mistakes and said it was unfair for the US to contribute by-far the largest amount of its funding, while China gives less than $40million a year. He said US cash to the WHO would be redirected while American diplomats launch a probe into the health body’s alleged failings, with the probe set to last 60 to 90 days. WHO executive director Dr Michael Ryan hailed China for its ‘transparency’ with the coronavirus outbreak in January.

But US intelligence officials now believe the country’s communist government told multiple lies about their outbreak, and think the official death toll of 3,400 is way under the true figure of around 40,000 people killed. Trump himself has faced repeated accusations he also blundered by ignoring the potential threat posed by coronavirus for the entire month of February, saying it would ‘wash through’ the US without causing much harm, and failing to take draconian lockdown measures until March. Tuesday’s press conference – which also saw Trump directly accuse China of covering up the threat of coronavirus – was in marked contrast to a tweet he sent on January 24, saying: ‘China has been working very hard to contain the coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American people, I want to thank President Xi!’

He added: ‘The US has a duty to insist on full accountability from the WHO and it’s disastrous decision to oppose travel restrictions from China and other nations. They were very much opposed to what we did. Fortunately I was not convinced and suspended travel from China, saving untold lives.’ ‘The WHO’s decision to oppose the travel ban put political correctness above life-saving measures.’

‘The WHO failed to adequately obtain, vet and share information in a timely and transparent fashion. If it’s not to independently tell the truth about what’s happening, the WHO failed in its basic duty and must be held accountable.’ Last week, WHO director general Dr Tedros Adhanom hit out at Trump’s threats to freeze funding, and accused him of ‘playing politics’ with the crisis. Covid-19 is confirmed to have infected 1.96million worldwide and killed more than 125,000 people. The US is the world’s worst-hit country, with 611,000 diagnoses and over 30,000 deaths.

us news

ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിയമ വിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുന്ന ബിൽ യു.എസ് സംസ്ഥാനo പാസാക്കി

Published

on

ഗർഭധാരണത്തിന്റെ പ്രാരംഭ ഘട്ടം മുതൽ ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിയമ വിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുന്ന ബിൽ യു.എസ് സംസ്ഥാനമായ ഒക്‌ലഹോമ പാസാക്കി.

ഗർഭസ്ഥ ശിശുവിന്റെ ഹൃദയം മിടിച്ചു തുടങ്ങിയാൽ (ആറാം മാസം മുതൽ) ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിയമ വിരുദ്ധമാക്കുന്ന നിയമ നിർമ്മാണങ്ങൾ യു.എസ് സംസ്ഥാനങ്ങളിൽ ഉണ്ടാകാറുണ്ടെങ്കിലും അണ്ഡവും ബീജവും സംയോജിക്കുന്ന, ഗർഭധാരണത്തിന്റെ ആരംഭഘട്ടം മുതൽ ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിരോധിക്കുന്ന നിയമ നിർമ്മാണ നീക്കം ഇതാദ്യമാണ്. അതുകൊണ്ടു തന്നെ, രാജ്യത്തെ ഏറ്റവും ശക്തമായ ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്ര വിരുദ്ധ നിയമം എന്ന വിശേഷണത്തോടെയാണ് ബിൽ പാസാക്കിയിരിക്കുന്നത്.

16ന് എതിരെ 73 വോട്ടുകൾക്ക് ജനപ്രതിനിധി സഭ പാസാക്കിയ ബിൽ ഗവർണർ കെവിൻ സ്റ്റിറ്റിന്റെ പരിഗണനയിലാണ്. ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിരോധിക്കുന്ന ബില്ലിൽ ഒപ്പുവെക്കുമെന്ന് അദ്ദേഹം നേരത്തെ തന്നെ വ്യക്തമാക്കിയിരുന്നു. അതിനാൽ, നിയമം പ്രാബല്യത്തിൽ വരുമെന്ന ഉറപ്പിലാണ് സംസ്ഥാനത്തെ പ്രോ ലൈഫ് സമൂഹം. അമ്മയുടെ ജീവൻ അപകടത്തിലാകുന്ന സന്ദർഭത്തിന് പുറമെ ബലാത്സംഗം, ലൈംഗികാതിക്രമം, അവിഹിതബന്ധം എന്നിവയിലൂടെ സംഭവിക്കുന്ന ഗർഭധാരണത്തിനും മാത്രമായിരിക്കും നിയമത്തിൽ ഇളവുണ്ടാവുക.

നിയമം ലംഘിക്കുന്നവർക്ക് കർശനമായ ശിക്ഷാനടപടികൾ ഉറപ്പാക്കുന്ന ബില്ലിൽ, ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നടത്തുന്നവർക്കും അതിന് സഹായിക്കുന്നവർക്കും എതിരെ ആർക്കും കേസ് ഫയൽ ചെയ്യാൻ അനുവദിക്കുന്ന വകുപ്പും വ്യവസ്ഥ ചെയ്തിട്ടുണ്ട്
Sources:marianvibes

http://theendtimeradio.com

Continue Reading

us news

San Francisco Abp. Bans House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Receive Holy Communion Until Revoking Abortion Support

Published

on

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone announced on Fri., May 20, that House Speaker Nanci Pelosi is prohibited from receiving Holy Communion until she publicly revokes her support for abortion.

The San Francisco representative often describes herself as a “devout Catholic,” despite her stanch support and advocacy for abortion up to birth. Her position disregards Church teaching.

In his letter, the archbishop cited Code of Canon Law, canon 915, which states that “those…obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

He Said This Is A Pastoral Decision, Not A Political One. It Comes After “Numerous Attempts To Speak With Her.”
“After numerous attempts to speak with her to help her understand the grave evil she is perpetrating, the scandal she is causing, and the danger to her own soul she is risking, I have determined that the point has come in which I must make a public declaration that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion unless and until she publicly repudiate her support for abortion ‘rights’ and confess and receive absolution for her cooperation in this evil in the sacrament of Penance.”

Archbishop Cordileone also sent the announcement to the priests of his diocese.

He Also Warned This Decision Could “Increase Attacks On Catholic Churches.”
“Our churches are already being targeted for violence, and our worship services are being disrupted, which motivated me to send you the memo last week asking you to be more attentive to security measures on your property. These attacks may now likely increase. I realize this,” he said in a letter to San Francisco’s diocesan priests.

“But for us, as faithful disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ, this is a cause for rejoicing, for the only reason this is happening is due to the Catholic Church’s consistent defense of the sanctity of human life in all stages and conditions, and especially at its beginning in the womb of the mother.”

“I am convinced that this is a time that God is calling us to live the last beatitude: ‘Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven’ (Matthew 5:11-12).”

Home

Continue Reading

us news

വാഷിങ്ടണിലെ അഫ്ഗാന്‍ എംബസിയുടെ നിയന്ത്രണം യുഎസ് ഏറ്റെടുത്തു

Published

on

അഫ്ഗാനിസ്ഥാന്റെ വാഷിങ്ടണിലെ എംബസിയുടേയും ന്യൂയോര്‍ക്ക്, കാലിഫോര്‍ണിയ. ബെവേര്‍ലി ഹില്‍സ് എന്നിവിടങ്ങളിലെ കോണ്‍സുലേറ്റുകളുടെയും നിയന്ത്രണം ഏറ്റെടുത്തതായി യുഎസ് സ്റ്റേറ്റ് ഡിപ്പാര്‍ട്ട്മെന്റ്.

എംബസിയുടേയും കോണ്‍സുലേറ്റുകളുടെയും സുരക്ഷാ ചുമതല ഏറ്റെടുക്കുന്നതായും തങ്ങളുടെ അനുവാദമില്ലാതെ എംബസിയില്‍ പ്രവേശനാനുമതിയില്ലെന്നും സ്റ്റേറ്് ഡിപ്പാര്‍ട്ട്മെന്റ് പ്രസ്താവനയില്‍ വ്യക്തമാക്കി.

അഫ്ഗാനിസ്ഥാനോടുള്ള യുഎസിന്റെ നയത്തിൽ മാറ്റം സംഭവിച്ചതായി നടപടി സൂചിപ്പിക്കുന്നില്ലെന്നും ഐക്യരാഷ്ട്രസഭയിലേക്കുള്ള അഫ്ഗാൻ ദൗത്യത്തെ ഇത് ബാധിച്ചിട്ടില്ലെന്നും യുഎസ് അറിയിച്ചു. അഷറഫ് ഗാനി സര്‍ക്കാരിനെ പുറത്താക്കി ഭരണം പിടിച്ചെടുത്ത താലിബാനെ യുഎസ് ഇതുവരെ അംഗീകരിച്ചിട്ടില്ല. അഫ്ഗാനിസ്ഥാനുമായിട്ടുള്ള ഔപചാരിക നയതന്ത്ര ബന്ധങ്ങളും യുഎസ് അവസാനിപ്പിച്ചിരുന്നു.
Sources:globalindiannews

http://theendtimeradio.com

Continue Reading

Latest News

Movie14 hours ago

പിന്നണി ഗായിക സംഗീത സചിത്(46) അന്തരിച്ചു

തിരുവനന്തപുരം: ചലച്ചിത്ര പിന്നണി ഗായിക സംഗീത സചിത്(46) അന്തരിച്ചു. വൃക്കരോഗത്തെ തുടർന്ന് ചികിത്സയിലിരിക്കെയാണ് മരണം. തിരുവനന്തപുരത്ത് സഹോദരിയുടെ വീട്ടിൽവെച്ചായിരുന്നു അന്ത്യം. ശവസംസ്കാരം വൈകിട്ട് മൂന്നു മണിക്ക് തൈക്കാട്...

us news16 hours ago

ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിയമ വിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുന്ന ബിൽ യു.എസ് സംസ്ഥാനo പാസാക്കി

ഗർഭധാരണത്തിന്റെ പ്രാരംഭ ഘട്ടം മുതൽ ഗർഭച്ഛിദ്രം നിയമ വിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുന്ന ബിൽ യു.എസ് സംസ്ഥാനമായ ഒക്‌ലഹോമ പാസാക്കി. ഗർഭസ്ഥ ശിശുവിന്റെ ഹൃദയം മിടിച്ചു തുടങ്ങിയാൽ (ആറാം മാസം...

world news16 hours ago

Upcoming Global Week-long Prayer Initiative for Christians in China

China – A global online forum has appealed to Christians worldwide to come together internationally for a week-long prayer for...

us news16 hours ago

San Francisco Abp. Bans House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Receive Holy Communion Until Revoking Abortion Support

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone announced on Fri., May 20, that House Speaker Nanci Pelosi is prohibited from receiving Holy...

world news18 hours ago

Religious Unity Amid Sri Lankan Injustice

Sri Lanka – President Gotabaya Rajapaksa of Sri Lanka has appointed Ranil Wickremesinghe as Prime Minister, following the resignation of...

National2 days ago

കര്‍ണാടകത്തിലെ കുടകില്‍ മതപരിവര്‍ത്തന ആരോപണം: അറസ്റ്റിലായ പാസ്റ്റര്‍ക്കും ഭാര്യക്കും ജാമ്യം ലഭിച്ചു.

ബെംഗളൂരു: കര്‍ണാടകത്തിലെ കുടകില്‍ കാപ്പിത്തോട്ടത്തില്‍ ജോലി ചെയ്യുന്ന തൊഴിലാളികളെ മതപരിവര്‍ത്തനം നടത്തിയെന്ന വ്യാജ പരാതിയില്‍ ജയിലിലടയ്ക്കപ്പെട്ട വയനാട് പടിഞ്ഞാറേതറ വലിയപറമ്പില്‍ പാസ്റ്റര്‍ വി വി കുര്യാച്ചനും ഭാര്യ...

world news2 days ago

ശ്രീലങ്കയിൽ സ്‌കൂളുകൾ അടച്ചു: രാജ്യം കൂടുതൽ പ്രതിസന്ധിയിലേക്ക്

കൊളംബോ:ശ്രീലങ്കയിൽ ഇന്ധനക്ഷാമം രൂക്ഷമായി തുടരുന്ന സാഹചര്യത്തിൽ സ്‌കൂളുകൾ അടച്ചു. അവശ്യ സർവിസുകളിലൊഴികെയുള്ള സർക്കാർ ജീവനക്കാർ ജോലിക്ക് ഹാജരാകേണ്ടെന്നും പബ്ലിക് അഡ്മിനിസ്‌ട്രേഷൻ മന്ത്രാലയം ഉത്തരവ് നൽകി. ഡീസലില്ലാത്തതിനാൽ വാഹനങ്ങൾ...

world news2 days ago

Christian author warns against new ‘Breathe With Me’ Yoga Barbie: ‘Satan is after the children’

The new “Breathe With Me” meditation Barbie has garnered criticism from a Christian influencer who says the toy is coercing...

National2 days ago

Hindutva attack on relics at a renovated pilgrimage center in Andhra Pradesh

Unidentified vandals destroyed statues of Mother Mary, Infant Jesus and the Sacred Heart of Jesus at a hill shrine in...

Crime2 days ago

യുഎസ് മെക്സിക്കന്‍ അതിര്‍ത്തിയില്‍ വൈദികനെ കൊല്ലപ്പെട്ട നിലയില്‍ കണ്ടെത്തി

മെക്സിക്കോ: അമേരിക്കയുടെ അതിർത്തിയിൽ സ്ഥിതി ചെയ്യുന്ന മെക്‌സിക്കൻ സംസ്ഥാനമായ ബജാ കാലിഫോർണിയയിൽ കത്തോലിക്ക വൈദികനെ കൊല്ലപ്പെട്ട നിലയില്‍ കണ്ടെത്തി. ടെകേറ്റ് നഗരത്തിന്റെ പ്രാന്തപ്രദേശത്താണ് ടിജുവാന അതിരൂപത വൈദികനായ...

world news2 days ago

European Union Mourns Sokoto Student Killed For Alleged Blasphemy, Calls For Justice

The European Union (EU) has expressed sadness over the gruesome killing of a Nigerian citizen, Deborah Samuel in Sokoto State....

world news3 days ago

സൗദിയിൽ യൂണിഫോം ധരിക്കാത്ത ടാക്സി ഡ്രൈവർമാർക്ക് 500 റിയാൽ പിഴ

റിയാദ്: യൂണിഫോം ധരിക്കാത്ത ടാക്സി ഡ്രൈവര്‍മാര്‍ക്ക് 500 റിയാല്‍ പിഴ ചുമത്തുമെന്ന് സൗദി ട്രാഫിക് വിഭാഗത്തിന്‍റെ മുന്നറിയിപ്പ്. ജൂലൈ 12 മുതല്‍ ഈ നിയമം പ്രാബല്യത്തില്‍ വരും....

Trending