Connect with us
Slider

us news

Trump evacuated from briefing after shooting outside White House

Published

on

Washington: Secret Service guards shot a person, who was apparently armed, outside the White House on Monday, President Donald Trump said just after being briefly evacuated in the middle of a press conference.
The president was abruptly ushered out of the press event and black-clad secret service agents with automatic rifles rushed across the lawn north of the White House.

Minutes later, Trump reappeared at the press conference, where journalists had been locked in, and announced that someone had been shot outside the White House grounds.

The Secret Service tweeted that it “can confirm there has been an officer involved shooting at 17th Street and Pennsylvania Ave.”

“Law enforcement shot someone, it seems to be, the suspect. And the suspect is on the way to the hospital,” he said.

Trump said he knew nothing about the identity or motives of the person shot, but when asked if the person had been armed, he answered: “From what I understand, the answer is yes.”

“It might not have had anything to do with me,” Trump added, saying the incident took place “on the outside” of the White House perimeter.

“I don’t believe anything was breached, they were relatively far away,” he added.

Outside the White House, the situation was calm, but a portion of the surrounding streets had been blocked off, with a number of police and other official vehicles converging towards the corner of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Philipos Melaku, a protester who has been camping in front of the White House for years, said he had heard a shot fired at around 5:50 pm (2150 GMT).

“I heard a gunshot and before that I heard screaming,” he told AFP.

“It was a male voice,” he said. “After that immediately, pointing their AR-15s, at least eight or nine men came in running.”

Following the security scare, Trump returned almost immediately to the White House podium where he resumed his scheduled press conference.

Asked if he was rattled by the incident, he replied: “The world’s always been a dangerous place. It’s not something that’s unique.”

Trump went onto praise the Secret Service as “fantastic people, the best of the best.”

“I feel very safe with Secret Service,” he said. “A lot of terrific looking people ready to go if something was necessary.”

us news

Chinese authorities raid Zoom church service, order pastor to stop preaching

Published

on

Police officers and Chinese Communist Party officials raided a church in Guangdong Province, which advocates for justice in China, while its pastor and elder were leading an online worship service on Zoom, forcing the two to stop preaching.

Security agents, police officers and other officials surrounded the Shenzhen Trinity Gospel Harvest Church in Shenzhen city and forced Pastor Mao Zhibin and Elder Chu Yanqing to stop preaching, the U.S.-based group China Aid reported.

The incident took place earlier on July 11, about three months after a church member, Shi Minglei, also known as Hope, fled to the United States. Hope was also attending the online service that was raided.

Pastor Mao and elder Shen Ling also recently signed “A Joint Statement by Pastors: A Declaration for the Sake of the Christian Faith,” led by Pastor Wang Yi of the heavily persecuted Early Rain Covenant Church.

In April, several members of Early Rain Covenant Church were arrested for participating in an Easter worship service on Zoom and ordered to cease all religious activity.

Persecution watchdog group International Christian Concern reported at the time that the Christians were participating in a Zoom worship service from their homes on Easter Sunday when six leaders were arrested and detained by the Public Security Bureau.

The 5,000-member Sichuan house church has not been able to gather in person since the communist regime shut down the church in 2018 and arrested their pastor and other leaders. Since then, it has opted to gather online.

“At that time I was also in the Zoom call, but there was a long period of time where I did not hear a thing,” a member of ERCC was quoted as saying. “I thought it’s the network connection issue at first, but I soon heard a quarrel erupt. Our co-worker Wang Jun was questioning some people, [saying], ‘Who are you to do this [to us]?’”

Open Doors USA, which monitors persecution in over 60 countries, estimates that there are about 97 million Christians in China, a large percentage of whom worship in what China considers to be “illegal” and unregistered underground house churches.

Authorities in China are also continuing their crackdown on Christianity by removing Bible Apps and Christian WeChat public accounts as new highly restrictive administrative measures on religious staff went into effect this year.

China is ranked on Open Doors USA’s World Watch List as one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to the persecution of Christians.

The country has also been labeled by the U.S. State Department as a “country of particular concern” for “continuing to engage in particularly severe violations of religious freedom.”

Authorities in China are also continuing their crackdown on Christianity by removing Bible apps and Christian WeChat public accounts as new highly restrictive administrative measures on religious staff went into effect this year.
Sources:Christian Post

Continue Reading

us news

മൂന്നാമതൊരു ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസ് കൂടി അനിവാര്യമാണോ?

Published

on

ഹൂസ്റ്റൻ : രണ്ടു ഡോസ് വാക്‌സിനേഷന്‍ എടുത്തവർക്ക് മൂന്നാമതൊരു ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസ് കൂടി അനിവാര്യമാണെന്ന വാദം അമേരിക്കയിൽ ശക്തമായി. കുട്ടികള്‍ക്ക് വേണ്ടിയുള്ള വാക്‌സിനേഷന്‍ പരീക്ഷണം ഫലപ്രദമായി നടക്കുന്നതിനിടയിലാണ് ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസിന്റെ കാര്യം ഉയര്‍ന്നു വരുന്നത്. ഫൈസര്‍ ബയോടെക് വാക്‌സീന്‍ സ്വീകരിച്ചവര്‍ക്കാണ് ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസ് വേണ്ടത്. മോഡേണ സ്വീകരിച്ചവര്‍ക്കും സമാന പ്രശ്‌നമുണ്ടെങ്കിലും കമ്പനി ഇതുവരെ അവരുടെ ആരോഗ്യനയം വ്യക്തമാക്കിയിട്ടില്ല. ഇവരുടെ രണ്ടു പേരുടെയും പ്രതിരോധ സാങ്കേതികവിദ്യ ഫലപ്രദമായിരുന്നുവെങ്കിലും ജനിതക മാറ്റം സംഭവിക്കുന്ന വൈറസുകളെ നേരിടാന്‍ ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസുകള്‍ കൂടിയേ തീരുവെന്നാണ് പുതിയ വാദം ഉയര്‍ന്നു വന്നിരിക്കുന്നത്. മാത്രമല്ല, കൊറോണ വൈറസ് വാക്‌സീനുകള്‍ എത്രത്തോളം ഫലപ്രദമാണെന്ന ഗവേഷണം തുടരുന്നതിനാല്‍, ദുര്‍ബലരായ ജനങ്ങള്‍ക്ക് ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഷോട്ടുകള്‍ ആവശ്യമാണെന്ന് ബൈഡന്‍ അഡ്മിനിസ്‌ട്രേഷന്‍ ആരോഗ്യ ഉദ്യോഗസ്ഥരും കരുതുന്നു.

65 വയസോ അതില്‍ കൂടുതലോ പ്രായമുള്ളവരോ രോഗപ്രതിരോധവ്യവസ്ഥയില്‍ വിട്ടുവീഴ്ച ചെയ്തവരോ ആയ ആളുകള്‍ക്ക് മിക്കവാറും ഫൈസര്‍ബയോടെക് അല്ലെങ്കില്‍ മോഡേണയില്‍ നിന്ന് മൂന്നാമത്തെ ഷോട്ട് ആവശ്യമായി വരുമെന്ന് മുതിര്‍ന്ന ഉദ്യോഗസ്ഥര്‍ പറയുന്നു. ഒരേ സാങ്കേതികവിദ്യയെ അടിസ്ഥാനമാക്കിയുള്ള രണ്ട് വാക്‌സീനുകള്‍ ഭൂരിഭാഗം പേര്‍ക്കും കുത്തിവയ്പ് നല്‍കാന്‍ ഉപയോഗിച്ചു. ബൂസ്റ്ററുകളെ പിന്തുണയ്ക്കുന്നതിന് ഇതുവരെ മതിയായ തെളിവുകള്‍ ഇല്ലെന്ന് ഭരണകൂടം കരുതിയിരുന്നതെങ്കില്‍ ഏതാനും ആഴ്ചകള്‍ക്ക് കഴിഞ്ഞപ്പോള്‍ കഥ മാറിയിരിക്കുകയാണ്.

ആറുമാസത്തിനുശേഷം കൊറോണ വൈറസിനെതിരെ ഫൈസര്‍ വാക്‌സീന്‍ ഫലപ്രദമല്ലെന്ന് സൂചിപ്പിക്കുന്ന ഗവേഷണവുമായി ചില അമേരിക്കക്കാര്‍ എത്തിയിരുന്നു. അവരുടെ നിര്‍ദ്ദേശമാണ് ഒരു ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ആവശ്യമുണ്ടെന്ന അഭിപ്രായത്തിലേക്ക് മാറിയത്. ജനിതകമാറ്റം വന്ന വൈറസുകളെ പിടിച്ചു നിര്‍ത്താന്‍ രണ്ടു ഡോസുകള്‍ക്ക ്കഴിയില്ലെന്ന വാദവും ശക്തമാണ്. ഫൈസര്‍ വാക്‌സീനാണ് പുതിയ ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ വേണമെന്നു പറയുന്നത്. യുഎസില്‍ ഇതുവരെ പൂര്‍ണ്ണമായി വാക്‌സീനേഷന്‍ നടത്തിയവരില്‍ പകുതിയിലധികം പേര്‍ക്കും ഫൈസറിന്റെ വാക്‌സീനാണ് ലഭിച്ചത്. രണ്ടാമത്തെ ഡോസ് കഴിഞ്ഞ് നാലോ ആറോ മാസത്തിനുശേഷം, രോഗലക്ഷണ അണുബാധയ്‌ക്കെതിരായ വാക്‌സീനുകളുടെ ഫലപ്രാപ്തി 95 ശതമാനത്തില്‍ നിന്ന് 84 ശതമാനമായി കുറയുന്നുവെന്ന് കമ്പനി പറയുന്നു.
Sources:globalindiannews

Continue Reading

Subscribe

Enter your email address

Featured

Media16 hours ago

സഫറേഴ്സ് വോയ്സ് ഇന്ത്യ ഒരുക്കുന്ന സൗജന്യ രക്തദാന കൂട്ടായ്മ

ക്രിസ്തുയേശുവിൻ്റെ നാമത്തിൽ സ്നേഹവന്ദനം. കോവിഡിൻ്റെ ഈ പ്രത്യേക സാഹചര്യത്തിൽ ദാതാക്കളുടെ അഭാവം മൂലം ആശുപത്രികളിലും Blood bank കളിലും രക്തശേഖരം വളരെ കുറവായിരിക്കുന്നു. ഇക്കാരണത്താൽ ഇതിനോടകം അടിയന്തിരമായി...

us news16 hours ago

Chinese authorities raid Zoom church service, order pastor to stop preaching

Police officers and Chinese Communist Party officials raided a church in Guangdong Province, which advocates for justice in China, while...

Media17 hours ago

ഒമാനിലും നീറ്റ് പരീക്ഷാ കേന്ദ്രം അനുവദിക്കണം: രക്ഷിതാക്കൾ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രിക്ക് അപേക്ഷ നൽകി

മസ്‍കത്ത്: ഒമാനിലും നീറ്റ് പരീക്ഷാ കേന്ദ്രം അനുവദിക്കണമെന്ന ആവശ്യവുമായി പരീക്ഷാർത്ഥികളും രക്ഷിതാക്കളും. സെപ്‍തംബർ 12ന് നടക്കാനിരിക്കുന്ന പ്രവേശന പരീക്ഷക്ക് ഒമാനിലും സെന്റര്‍ അനുവദിക്കണമെന്നാവശ്യപ്പെട്ടുകൊണ്ട് ഒമാനിലെ രക്ഷിതാക്കൾ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി...

Media17 hours ago

ഫിന്‍ലന്‍ഡിലേക്ക് ജൂലൈ 26 മുതല്‍ സഞ്ചാരികള്‍ക്ക് പ്രവേശിക്കാന്‍ അനുമതി

ഫിന്‍ലന്‍ഡിലേക്ക് ജൂലൈ 26 മുതല്‍ സഞ്ചാരികള്‍ക്ക് പ്രവേശിക്കാന്‍ അനുമതി.കൊവിഡ് വ്യാപനത്തിന്റെ പശ്ചാത്തലത്തില്‍ വാക്‌സീന്‍ രണ്ട് ഡോസും സ്വീകരിച്ച സഞ്ചാരികള്‍ക്കാണ് പ്രവേശനം. കുറഞ്ഞത് 14 ദിവസം മുമ്ബ് വാക്‌സീന്‍...

us news17 hours ago

മൂന്നാമതൊരു ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസ് കൂടി അനിവാര്യമാണോ?

ഹൂസ്റ്റൻ : രണ്ടു ഡോസ് വാക്‌സിനേഷന്‍ എടുത്തവർക്ക് മൂന്നാമതൊരു ബൂസ്റ്റര്‍ ഡോസ് കൂടി അനിവാര്യമാണെന്ന വാദം അമേരിക്കയിൽ ശക്തമായി. കുട്ടികള്‍ക്ക് വേണ്ടിയുള്ള വാക്‌സിനേഷന്‍ പരീക്ഷണം ഫലപ്രദമായി നടക്കുന്നതിനിടയിലാണ്...

us news17 hours ago

New corona variant found in UK, 16 cases detected so far

Public Health England has recently identified a new strain of coronavirus which is now being investigated after 16 confirmed cases...

Trending