Connect with us
Slider

us news

Casinos in NY, malls in NYC can reopen Sept. 9, announces Andrew Cuomo

Published

on

 

New York : New York Governor Andrew Cuomo made the announcement on Thursday that malls and casinos can open on Sept. 9 under the condition that they have enhanced air filtration systems in place.

“While this pandemic is far from over, our numbers have remained steadily low, so we know our phased, data-driven approach to reopening is the right one,” Governor Cuomo said. “Thanks to the hard work of New Yorkers, we are at a point in our fight against this virus where we can safely reopen malls in New York City as long as they adhere to strict health and safety protocols.”

According to the governor, malls in New York City can reopen with 50% capacity.

Malls will also have to follow strict safety measures including enforcement of face coverings, social distancing and seating.

He says that indoor dining will remain closed.

Casinos will also be able to open in New York with a 25% capacity limit and must follow similar safety measures.

“We flattened the curve in a way that no expert thought was possible,” Cuomo said. “We’ve made the determination that we can safely reopen casinos with enhanced air filtration and strict safety protocols including mandatory masks and social distancing.”

Following the governor’s decision, Resorts World Casino announced they will welcome back guests on Sept. 9.

“The Resorts World team has been anxiously awaiting the day when we can open our doors again to the fun and excitement that our casinos are known for,” said Bob DeSalvio, President of Genting Americas East.

The casino says it will use a 21-point safety plan and adhere to the state’s guidelines for a safe reopening.

Casinos must leave six feet of distance between operating machines.

No table games will be allowed until casinos put physical barriers between players and employees.

In addition, no food or drinks will be allowed on the game floor.

us news

Xiamen Authorities Ban Xunsiding Church’s Campus

Published

on

China – A well-known house church in China’s Xiamen city, previously banned by local authorities, received another administrative punishment on February 24 for setting up a campus at an office building.

According to Xunsiding Church’s Pastor Yang Xibo, he was out that day preaching, so his wife Wang Xiaofei received the decision letter from Siming District Ethnic and Religious Affairs Bureau instead. Pastor Yang also received a similar notice in 2019.

The letter stated that Wang did not receive approval from the religious affairs bureau before setting up the “Xunsiding (Church) Campus” at #2004 of Hualong Building at No.6, Hubin East Road. Her action was in violation of Art. 20, Art. 21, Art.22, Art. 40, and Art. 41 of the Regulations on Religious Affairs (RRA).

Pursuant to Art. 69 of the RRA, the Bureau decided to ban “Xunsiding Campus.” Wang can file for administrative reconsideration within 60 days.

Xunsiding Church has been repeatedly harassed and raided by Siming Ethnic and Religious Affairs Bureau and local police over the last few years. Their church was last raided on December 6. A few members, including Wang Xiaofei, were brought to the police station and only released at night.

Their experience is not unique. With the Chinese government’s ongoing crackdown on house churches, police raids and harassment have become a new norm for many churches that are not state-sanctioned in China.

Continue Reading

us news

Nigerian Schoolboys Released, 317 Schoolgirls Abducted

Published

on

Nigeria– The 42 people kidnapped from the Government Science College in Niger State regained their freedom on Saturday, February 27th, one day after 317 schoolgirls were abducted by armed militants.

“The Abducted Students, Staff and Relatives of Government Science Collage Kagara have regained their freedom and have been received by the Niger State Government,” tweeted Governor Abubakar Sani Bello.

The survivors were in captivity since the attack on February 17th, during which one boy, Benjamin Habila, was killed.

The news of their release comes just one day after the recent mass abduction of 317 schoolgirls in the nearby state of Zamfara. “As we welcome the news of the release of the abducted Kagara students, I urge government to expedite action on the release and safe return of the kidnapped students of Government Girls Secondary School Jangebe,” stated UNICEF’s Nigeria representative Peter Hawkins.

On Friday, February 26th, armed insurgents raided the all-girls boarding school in Jangebe, Zamfara, at around midnight. Schoolgirls were forced into vehicles or taken by foot to the nearby Rugu forest.

One of the girls’ guardians, Saidu Kwairo, told the Washington Post that he watched from his window as trucks filled with gunmen ambushed the school campus while firing their weapons into the air. “We could hear the helpless voices of the girls screaming,” Kwairo told the Washington Post, “amid the sounds of dangerous rifles.”

Attacks on schools have increased over the last few years, causing concern that parents will no longer want to send their kids to school due to the lapses in security. Two months ago, 350 boys were kidnapped from a secondary school in northwestern Katsina. In 2018, Boko Haram abducting 110 girls from Government Girls’ Science and Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe State. Earlier in 2014, 276 girls were abducted in Chibok, an incident which sparked outrage across the globe.

President Muhammadu Buhari stated that his administration “will not succumb to blackmail by bandits who target innocent school students in the hope of massive ransom payments.”

“The recent attacks have raised concern about rising violence by armed gangs and Islamist insurgents. Jihadist group Boko Haram carries out abductions in Nigeria’s turbulent northeast, as does a branch of Islamic State.” Stated Reuters.

While no group has come forward to claim responsibility for the attack, terrorist groups such as Boko Haram, Fulani Militants, and ISWAP are active in northern Nigeria. Translated, Boko Haram loosely means “western education is forbidden”. The groups have wreaked havoc in Nigeria for over a decade, killing tens of thousands of Christians and displacing millions in an attempt to discard western influence and impose strict Islamic Sharia law.

Please pray for the family of Benjamin Habila, that they will receive peace and comfort from the Lord as they grieve their loss. Pray for those who have experienced trauma due to the kidnappings, and for those who are still in captivity, that they will be released unharmed and return to their families. Pray for the healing of Nigeria, for the end of mass abductions and killings, and for the Lord to transform the hearts of those who persecute the church.
Sources:persecution

Continue Reading

Subscribe

Enter your email address

Featured

Media17 hours ago

കണ്ടൽക്കാടിന്റെ സൗന്ദര്യം നടന്നാസ്വദിക്കാൻ ‘അൽ ഗുറം’

അബുദാബി: കണ്ടൽക്കാടിന്റെ കാഴ്ചയാസ്വദിച്ച് നടക്കാൻ അബുദാബിയിൽ പുതിയ പാർക്ക് ‘അൽഗുറം’ തുറന്നു. ശൈഖ് സായിദ് റോഡിൽ അബുദാബിയിലേക്ക് വരുന്ന ഭാഗത്താണ് വെള്ളക്കെട്ടിനും കണ്ടൽക്കാടിനും അഭിമുഖമായി മനോഹരമായ നടപ്പാതയടക്കമുള്ള...

us news17 hours ago

Xiamen Authorities Ban Xunsiding Church’s Campus

China – A well-known house church in China’s Xiamen city, previously banned by local authorities, received another administrative punishment on...

us news17 hours ago

Nigerian Schoolboys Released, 317 Schoolgirls Abducted

Nigeria– The 42 people kidnapped from the Government Science College in Niger State regained their freedom on Saturday, February 27th,...

us news17 hours ago

Islamic Extremists Threaten to Kill Abducted Pastor in One Week if Ransom Isn’t Paid

Nigeria – According to a Morning Star News report, Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) has released a video of...

us news2 days ago

UN Working Group Determines Detention of Iranian Pastor is Arbitrary

Iran – The United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention has released an opinion that the continued detention of Iranian...

Media2 days ago

ഓൺലൈൻ റമ്മി കളി നിയമവിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ച് സർക്കാർ

കൊച്ചി: ഓൺലൈൻ റമ്മി കളി നിയമവിരുദ്ധമായി പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ച് സംസ്ഥാന സർക്കാർ വിജ്ഞാപനം ഇറക്കിയിരിക്കുന്നു. കേരള ഗെയിംമിംഗ് ആക്ട് നിയമം ഭേദഗതി ചെയ്താണ് വിജ്ഞാപനം ഇറക്കിയിരിക്കുന്നത്. നിലവിലുള്ള നിയമത്തിൽ...

Trending