Connect with us

breaking news

US announces reward of up to USD 10 mn for information on ISIS-K leader Sanaullah Ghafari, those behind Kabul airport attack

Published

on

The United States is offering up to $10m for information leading to the location or identification of Sanaullah Ghafari, the leader of the Afghanistan affiliate of ISIL (ISIS).

The reward offered by the US State Department on Monday also covers any information that could lead to the arrest of individuals responsible for last year’s deadly bombing at Kabul airport, which was claimed by the ISIL group in Khorasan Province, ISKP (ISIS-K).

The August 2021 attack in the Afghan capital, which killed 170 Afghan civilians and 13 US service personnel, came amid the US’s chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Ghafari – also known as Shahab al-Muhajir – was appointed head of ISKP in June 2020, according to the US State Department, and was responsible for approving all ISKP operations throughout Afghanistan and for raising funds for the group.

The results of a US military investigation into the August 26 attack at the Kabul airport, released on February 4, found that it was likely conducted by one person who detonated a single explosive device, loaded with ball bearings, in a packed crowd.

Days after the bombing, the US carried out a drone attack that the Pentagon initially said targeted suspected ISKP fighters.

But media outlets quickly reported that 10 Afghan civilians, including several children, had been killed. US officials later apologised for the bombing, though no members of the US military have been punished.

Little is known about Ghafari, but he is rumoured to have been an al-Qaeda commander or a former member of the Haqqani network, one of the most powerful and feared factions in the Taliban.

Ghafari was blacklisted by the US in November as a “specially designated global terrorist”.

Two other members of the group – spokesperson Sultan Aziz Azam, also known as Sultan Aziz, and senior leader Maulawi Rajab Salahudin – were also blacklisted.

“We are committed to using all of our counterterrorism tools to counter ISIS-K and ensure that Afghanistan cannot again become a platform for international terrorism,” State Department spokesperson Ned Price said at the time.

“These designations expose and isolate terrorists, preventing them from exploiting the US financial system and assisting with relevant law enforcement activities.”
http://theendtimeradio.com

breaking news

ടൈറ്റനിലെ യാത്രിക്കാര്‍ മരിച്ചതായി കോസ്റ്റ് ഗാര്‍ഡ് സ്ഥിരീകരിച്ചു

Published

on

ന്യൂഫൗണ്ട്‌ലാന്‍ഡ് കാനഡ: ടൈറ്റാനിക് കപ്പല്‍ കാണാന്‍ ആഴക്കടലിലേക്കു പോയ ‘ഓഷന്‍ഗേറ്റ് ടൈറ്റന്‍’ പേടകത്തിലുണ്ടായിരുന്ന അഞ്ചു പേരും മരിച്ചതായി കോസ്റ്റ് ഗാര്‍ഡ് സ്ഥിരീകരിച്ചു

ദുബായിലെ ബ്രിട്ടിഷ് വ്യവസായിയും ആക്ഷന്‍ ഏവിയേഷന്‍ കമ്പനിയുടെ ചെയര്‍മാനുമായ ഹാമിഷ് ഹാര്‍ഡിങ്, പാക്കിസ്ഥാനിലെ കറാച്ചി ആസ്ഥാനമായ ബഹുരാഷ്ട്രകമ്പനി എന്‍ഗ്രോയുടെ വൈസ് ചെയര്‍മാനും ശതകോടീശ്വരനുമായ ഷഹ്‌സാദ ദാവൂദ്, മകന്‍ സുലൈമാന്‍, പേടകത്തിന്റെ പൈലറ്റ് ഫ്രഞ്ച് പൗരന്‍ പോള്‍ ഹെന്റി നാര്‍സലേ, ഓഷന്‍ ഗേറ്റ് കമ്പനിയുടെ സ്ഥാപകനും സിഇഒയുമായ സ്റ്റോക്ടന്‍ റഷ് എന്നിവരാണ് പേടകത്തിലുണ്ടായിരുന്നത്.

കഴിഞ്ഞ വെള്ളിയാഴ്ചയാണ് സംഘം യാത്ര തിരിച്ചത്. ടൈറ്റാനിക് കാണാന്‍ ആഴക്കടലിലേക്കു പോയ യുഎസ് കമ്പനിയുടെ ‘ഓഷന്‍ ഗേറ്റ് ടൈറ്റന്‍’ പേടകത്തിന് ഇന്ത്യന്‍ സമയം ഞായറാഴ്ച ഉച്ചയ്ക്കു 3.30 നാണ് പേരന്റ് ഷിപ്പായ പോളാര്‍ പ്രിന്‍സ് കപ്പലുമായുള്ള ബന്ധം നഷ്ടമായത്.

ടൈറ്റന്‍ എവിടെയാണ് കിടക്കുന്നതെന്ന് വ്യക്തമായി അറിയാനായി തിരച്ചിലിന്റെ വ്യാപ്തി വര്‍ധിപ്പിച്ചിരുന്നു. സമുദ്രോപരിതലത്തില്‍നിന്ന് നാലു കിലോമീറ്റര്‍ താഴെയാണ് ടൈറ്റാനിക്കിന്റെ അവശിഷ്ടം സ്ഥിതി ചെയ്യുന്നത്. സമുദ്രപേടകം കടലിന്റെ ആഴത്തിലേക്കിറങ്ങി 1.45 മണിക്കൂര്‍ ആയപ്പോഴേക്കും ബന്ധം നഷ്ടമായിരുന്നു.

സമുദ്രോപരിതലത്തില്‍നിന്ന് 12,500 അടി താഴെയാണ് ടൈറ്റാനിക്കിന്റെ അവശിഷ്ടമുള്ളത്. 12,500 അടിയോളം താഴെ ചെന്ന് ടൈറ്റാനിക് കണ്ട് തിരികെ മുകളിലെത്താവുന്ന തരത്തിലാണ് ടൈറ്റന്‍ നിര്‍മിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നത്.
Sources:nerkazhcha

http://theendtimeradio.com

Continue Reading

breaking news

Catholic leaders condemn Israeli violence at funeral of Palestinian-American journalist

Published

on

JERUSALEM — The top Catholic clergyman in the Holy Land on Monday condemned the police beating of mourners carrying the casket of Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, accusing the authorities of violating human rights and disrespecting the Catholic Church.

Latin Patriarch Pierbattista Pizzaballa told reporters at St. Joseph Hospital in Jerusalem that Friday’s incident, broadcast around the world, was a “disproportionate use of force” to the Palestinian flag-waving crowd of thousands proceeding from the hospital to a nearby Catholic church in Jerusalem’s Old City. The attack drew worldwide condemnation and added to the shock and outrage of Abu Akleh’s killing as she covered a shootout in the occupied West Bank.

The police attack, Pizzaballa told reporters, “is a severe violation of international norms and regulations, including the fundamental human right of freedom of religion, which must be observed also in a public space.” He spoke as the leaders and clergy of other Christian churches sat nearby.

On May 16, the Justice and Peace Commission of the Latin Patriarchate released a statement—entitled “Bloodshed Follows Bloodshed,” taken from a line in the book of Hosea—decrying the attacks.

“We mourn all the victims of this unending bloodshed, Jewish Israelis, Palestinian Arabs and others who have died,” the statement read. “We continue to cry out that violence is wrong and will not bring a solution but only more violence.”

“It needs to be repeated with unequivocal clarity: the root cause and primary context of the violence is the occupation of Palestine, an occupation that has gone on for fifty-five years,” it went on to say.

Israel and the Palestinians are locked in a war of narratives over Abu Akleh’s killing. The reporter, a Palestinian-American, a Catholic and a 25-year veteran of the satellite channel, was shot Wednesday while covering an Israeli military raid in the Jenin refugee camp. She was wearing a blue vest clearly marked “Press.” Abu Akleh was a household name across the Arab world, known for documenting the hardship of Palestinian life under Israeli rule.

Palestinian officials and witnesses, including journalists who were with her, say she was killed by army fire. The military, after initially saying Palestinian gunmen might have been responsible, later backtracked and now says it’s not clear who fired the deadly bullet.

The funeral violence caused another international uproar, with the United States and the United Nations among Israel’s critics.

Israeli police have claimed that they agreed with funeral arrangements ahead of time with Abu Akleh’s family, and that a crowd of mourners violated that agreement by marching with the coffin, instead of driving with it, and shouting nationalistic slogans.

But Abu Akleh’s brother, Anton, disputed those claims. He said Monday that the family had given the funeral arrangements to Israeli police, and said the police did not want slogans or Palestinian flags. But he said “this is something we cannot control.”

Anton, who was one of the pallbearers, said police also wanted to know the funeral route, and there was no other agreement. “We wanted to put the coffin in the car,” he said. “We were going to the car when they attacked us.”

Israeli police launched an investigation into the conduct of the officers who attacked the mourners, causing the pallbearers to nearly drop the casket.

Meanwhile, Israel and the Palestinians have continued to argue over the investigation into the shooting.

Israel has sought the bullet, saying it must be analyzed by ballistics experts to reach firm conclusions. Palestinian officials have refused, saying they don’t trust Israel. Human rights groups say Israel has a poor record of investigating wrongdoing by its security forces.

After earlier saying they would accept an outside partner, the Palestinians said late Sunday that they would handle the investigation alone and deliver results very soon.

“We also refused to have an international investigation because we trust our capabilities as a security institution,” Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh announced. “We will not hand over any of the evidence to anyone because we know that these people are able to falsify the facts.”

Amid the wrangling, several research and human rights groups have launched their own investigations.

Bellingcat, a Dutch-based international consortium of researchers, published an analysis of video and audio evidence gathered on social media. The material came from both Palestinian and Israeli military sources, and the analysis looked at such factors as time stamps, the locations of the videos, shadows and a forensic audio analysis of gunshots.

The group found that while gunmen and Israeli soldiers were both in the area, the evidence supported witness accounts that Israeli fire killed Abu Akleh.

“Based on what we were able to review, the IDF Israeli soldiers were in the closest position and had the clearest line of sight to Abu Akleh,” said Giancarlo Fiorella, the lead researcher of the analysis.

Fiorella acknowledged that the analysis cannot be 100 percent certain without such evidence as the bullet, weapons used by the army and GPS locations of Israeli forces. But he said the emergence of additional evidence typically bolsters preliminary conclusions and almost never overturns them.
http://theendtimeradio.com

Continue Reading

breaking news

യുക്രൈനിൽ നിന്ന് തിരികെയെത്തിയ വിദ്യാർഥികൾക്ക് ഇന്ത്യയിൽ പഠനം തുടരാനാകില്ലെന്ന് കേന്ദ്രം

Published

on

യുക്രൈനിൽ നിന്നും നാട്ടിലെത്തിയ വിദ്യാർഥികൾക്ക് ഇന്ത്യയിൽ പഠനം തുടരാനാകില്ലെന്ന് കേന്ദ്ര സർക്കാർ. വിദ്യാർഥികൾക്ക് മെഡിക്കൽ കോളജുകളിൽ പഠനം അനുവദിച്ച ബംഗാൾ സർക്കാരിന്റെ നീക്കം കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ തടഞ്ഞു. വിദേശത്ത് പഠനം നടത്തുന്നവർക്ക് ഇന്ത്യയിൽ തുടർ പഠനം അനുവദിക്കാനാകില്ലെന്നും മെഡിക്കൽ കൗൺസിൽ ചട്ടം ഇത് അനുവദിക്കുന്നില്ലെന്നും കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ വ്യക്തമാക്കി.

യുക്രൈൻ യുദ്ധത്തിന് പിന്നാലെ മലയാളികൾ അടക്കം ആയിരക്കണക്കിന് വിദ്യാർഥികളാണ് ഇന്ത്യയിലേക്ക് മടങ്ങിയെത്തിയത്. ഇവരിൽ ഭൂരിപക്ഷവും മെഡിക്കൽ, ദന്തൽ വിദ്യാർഥികളാണ്. തുടർ പഠനത്തിനായി സർക്കാർ ഇടപെടൽ വേണമെന്ന് രക്ഷിതാക്കളും വിദ്യാർഥികളും ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ടിരുന്നു.

ലക്ഷങ്ങൾ വായ്പയെടുത്താണ് വിദ്യാർഥികളിൽ പലരും പഠനത്തിനായി യുക്രൈനിലേക്ക് പോയത്. യുദ്ധഭൂമിയിലേക്ക് ഇനി മടങ്ങാൻ സാഹചര്യമില്ലെന്നും രാജ്യത്തെ കോളജുകളിൽ പഠിക്കാൻ അവസരം നൽകണമെന്നുമാണ് വിദ്യാർഥികളുടെ ആവശ്യം.
Sources:Metro Journal

http://theendtimeradio.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement The EndTime Radio

Featured

us news14 hours ago

Woman Who Prayed While Dangling From Bridge in Semi Truck Credits Lord For Surviving Horrific Ordeal: ‘God Is Listening’

Newly released dashcam footage of an accident that left a massive semitruck dangling from a bridge earlier this year is...

us news14 hours ago

What Is the Biblical Definition of ‘Revival?’ Well-Known Pastor Steve Gaines Explains

As impressive moves of faith unfold across America — from the beaches of northeastern Florida to the shorelines of Southern...

National14 hours ago

ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ ഇവാഞ്ചലിക്കൽ മൂവ്മെൻ്റ് (സി ഇ എം)പ്രമോഷണൽ മീറ്റിംഗ്

ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ ഇവാഞ്ചലിക്കൽ മൂവ്മെൻ്റ് 2024-26 വർഷത്തിലെ ജനറൽ എക്സിക്യൂട്ടീവ് കമ്മിറ്റിയുടെ നേതൃത്വത്തിൽ എല്ലാ റീജിയണുകളിലും നടത്തുവാൻ ആഗ്രഹിക്കുന്ന പ്രമോഷണൽ മീറ്റിങ്ങുകൾക്ക് തുടക്കം കുറിച്ചുകൊണ്ട് ആദ്യ പ്രമോഷണൽ യോഗം...

National16 hours ago

IPC ഡൽഹി സ്റ്റേറ്റ് PYPA യും “iOpener.today” യും ചേർന്ന് “മികവ് പിന്തുടരുക” കരിയർ ടോക്ക് പ്രോഗ്രാം സംഘടിപ്പിക്കുന്നു.

IPC ഡൽഹി സ്റ്റേറ്റ് PYPA യും “iOpener.today” യും ചേർന്ന് സൂം പ്ലാറ്റ്‌ഫോം വഴി 2024 ജൂൺ 8 ന് വൈകുന്നേരം 7 മണി മുതൽ 9.30...

National16 hours ago

മരണശേഷം പിഎഫ് ക്ലെയിം ചെയ്യാൻ ഇനി എളുപ്പം; പുതിയ നിയമം അവതരിപ്പിച്ചു

എംപ്ലോയീസ് പ്രൊവിഡൻ്റ് ഫണ്ട് ഓർഗനൈസേഷൻ (ഇപിഎഫ്ഒ) അംഗങ്ങളുടെ മരണശേഷം ആനുകൂല്യങ്ങൾ ക്ലെയിം ചെയ്യുന്ന പ്രക്രിയകൾ ലളിതമാക്കാൻ പുതിയ നിയമം കൊണ്ടുവന്നു. അംഗങ്ങളുടെ മരണശേഷം ആധാർ വിശദാംശങ്ങൾ അപ്‌ഡേറ്റ്...

National2 days ago

വിവരം ശേഖരിക്കാൻ പൊലീസ് ‘പള്ളികളിലേക്ക് കയറുന്നു’: ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ ഗ്രൂപ്പ് അസം ജില്ലയിൽ ഡിസിക്ക് പരാതി നൽകി

ആസാമിലെ കർബി ആംഗ്ലോംഗ് ജില്ലയിലെ ഒരു ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ സംഘം ചൊവ്വാഴ്ച പോലീസ് ഉദ്യോഗസ്ഥർ പള്ളികളിൽ കയറി വിവരങ്ങൾ ശേഖരിക്കുന്നുവെന്ന് ആരോപണം. ഫെബ്രുവരിയിലുണ്ടായ നിരവധി ഭീഷണികളെത്തുടർന്ന് ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളുടെ...

Trending