National
Chhattisgarh Youth Forum to stage mass protest over unresolved attacks on Christians in Bijapur
The Chhattisgarh Youth Forum (Chhattisgarh Yuva Manch), led by politician Narendra Bhawani, has announced its decision to organised a protest on 23 September 2024, at the Dantewada Superintendent of Police (SP) office. As per Bhawani, this action is in response to the failure of authorities to arrest the culprits responsible for a violent attack on Christians in the village of Kosalnar, Bijapur district, nearly a month ago.
The said attack occurred on 23 August 2024, and was allegedly carried out by a mob incited by local Party leaders and individuals associated with the some religoius organisations. According to Bhawani, Christians in Kosalnar were brutally beaten by the mob, forcing many of them to flee the village. He said in a statement issued on 16 September 2024 that “the Christians were mercilessly beaten up after an attacking mob, led by political leaders and people associated with the other organisations, attacked them in the village of Kosalnar”. Bhawani asserted that the attack was illegal and unconstitutional, yet arrests had been made so far.
As per the statement by the Forum, the violence created such an environment of fear in the Christian community that many have left their homes and are yet to return, seeking refuge in the nearby villages. “Many people had to leave their homes, and even now, some have not returned to the village, are living in nearby villages to save their lives,” Bhawani said. He expressed shock that, despite written complaints and official reports filed with the authorities, almost a month after the incident, no legal actions or arrests had been made.
Bhawani further elaborated the details of the assault in his statement on 16 September. He said that Christians of Kosalnar were attacked because of their faith. The area comes under the Barsur Police Station in Bijapur. Members of the BJP and RSS allegedly incited the local people against the Christians which resulted in the violence against them. “Party workers and Religious organisation affiliates, when they reached Kosalnar, not only hurled abuses but also threatened to kill the Christians, warning them that they would not be permitted to harvest their crops unless they renounced their Christian faith,” Bhawani explained.
Bhawani claims that the local Christian community approached the proper authorities and filed formal complaints, naming the perpetrators. Yet, up until now, no action has been taken by the law enforcement officials indicating a breakdown in law and order. Bhawani has been vocal on his attack on the BJP-led government by saying it has failed in the level of governing and constitutional rights to its citizens. “This is the state of justice in our so-called free India, where even the constitutional right to religious freedom is being denied,” he said.
Reacting to this, Bhawani and the Chhattisgarh Youth Forum have decided to lead a mass protest at the office of the Superintendent of Police at Dantewada on September 23. Bhawani made it clear that unless arrests are made by that date, protests will become more aggressive. “If no action is taken by September 23, the SP office in Dantewada will be surrounded by thousands, and arrests will be demanded,” he said. He also stated that if nothing is done by the local authorities, the protest will approach the doorsteps of the Divisional Commissioner’s office and eventually to the Home Minister’s residence in Raipur.
Along with the violence, Bhawani also pointed out the threats made to the Christians by the village secretary and sarpanch. According to Bhawani, they warned the Christians that they would not let them harvest their crops. He also demanded actions against them since making such threats violates the very law and the Constitution.
Sources:christiansworldnews
National
മലയാളി പെന്തെക്കോസ്ത് മീഡിയ കോൺഫറൻസ് സെപ്റ്റംബർ 10 മുതൽ
കോട്ടയം : ലോകമെങ്ങുമുള്ള മലയാളി പെന്തെക്കോസ്ത് മാധ്യമ പ്രവർത്തകരുടെയും എഴുത്തുകാരുടെയും കൂട്ടായ്മയായ ഗ്ലോബൽ മലയാളി പെന്തെക്കോസ്ത് മീഡിയ അസോസിയേഷന്റെ അഞ്ചാമത് മീഡിയ കോൺഫറൻസ് സെപ്റ്റംബർ 10 മുതൽ 12 വരെ ദിവസവും വൈകിട്ട് 8 മണിക്ക് (ഇന്ത്യൻ സമയം) സൂം പ്ലാറ്റ്ഫോമിൽ നടക്കും.
മീഡിയ അസോസിയേഷൻ ചെയർമാൻ പാസ്റ്റർ പി. ജി. മാത്യൂസ് അധ്യക്ഷത വഹിക്കും. ഡബ്ല്യു.എം.ഇ. ദൈവസഭ ദേശീയ ചെയർമാൻ ഡോ. ഒ. എം. രാജുകുട്ടി ഉദ്ഘാടനം ചെയ്യും.
കേരളത്തിൻ്റെ മുൻ ചീഫ് സെക്രട്ടറിയും ഗ്രന്ഥകാരനുമായ ഡോ. ജിജി തോംസൺ ഐഎഎസ്, പ്രമുഖ എഴുത്തുകാരനും മലയാള മനോരമ മുൻ എഡിറ്റോറിയൽ ഡയറക്ടറുമായ ജോസ് പനച്ചിപ്പുറം, മുതിർന്ന മാധ്യമ പ്രവർത്തകനും 24 ന്യൂസ് ചാനൽ എഡിറ്റർ ഇൻ ചാർജുമായ പി പി ജെയിംസ്, പ്രമുഖ ക്രൈസ്തവ എഴുത്തുകാരും പ്രഭാഷകരുമായ ജോർജ് കോശി മൈലപ്ര, റവ. ജോർജ് മാത്യു പുതുപ്പള്ളി, പാസ്റ്റർ മാത്യു വർഗീസ് ഒക്ലഹോമ എന്നിവർ പ്രസംഗിക്കും.
പ്രശസ്ത ഗായകരായ പാസ്റ്റർ സാംസൺ കോട്ടൂർ, ഡോ.ബ്ലെസ്സൻ മേമന, റീത്ത മാനുവൽ സിൽവേര എന്നിവർ ഗാനങ്ങൾ ആലപിക്കും.
ഇന്ത്യ, ഗൾഫ്, യു എസ് എ, കാനഡ, യൂറോപ്പ് എന്നീ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ നിന്നുള്ള ക്രൈസ്തവ എഴുത്തുകാരും മാധ്യമ പ്രവർത്തകരും അഭ്യുദയ കാംക്ഷികളും പങ്കെടുക്കും.
ത്രിദിന കോൺഫറൻസിൽ ആനുകാലിക വിഷയങ്ങൾ, പ്രമേയങ്ങൾ, ഭാവി പ്രവർത്തനങ്ങൾ എന്നിവ ചർച്ച ചെയ്യുമെന്ന് അസോസിയേഷൻ ജനറൽ സെക്രട്ടറി ഷിബു മുള്ളംകാട്ടിൽ, മീഡിയ കൺവീനർ സജി മത്തായി കാതേട്ട് എന്നിവർ അറിയിച്ചു.
ZOOM ID: 837 9397 2727
PASSCODE : 2026
http://theendtimeradio.com
National
കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം: നിയന്ത്രണം നയപരമായ വിഷയമെന്ന് ഡൽഹി ഹൈക്കോടതി
ന്യൂഡൽഹി: കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗത്തിന് നിയന്ത്രണം ഏർപ്പെടുത്തുന്നത് സർക്കാരിന്റെ നയപരമായ തീരുമാനത്തിന്റെ പരിധിയിൽ വരുന്നതാണെന്ന് ഡൽഹി ഹൈക്കോടതി. കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം നിയന്ത്രിക്കണമെന്നാവശ്യപ്പെട്ട് സമർപ്പിച്ച പൊതുതാൽപര്യ ഹർജി പരിഗണിക്കവെയാണ് കോടതിയുടെ നിരീക്ഷണം.
ജസ്റ്റിസുമാരായ വി. കാമേശ്വർ റാവു, മൻമീത് പ്രീതം സിങ് അറോറ എന്നിവരടങ്ങിയ ഡിവിഷൻ ബെഞ്ചാണ് ഹർജി പരിഗണിച്ചത്. കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം നിയന്ത്രിക്കുന്നതിനോ നിരോധിക്കുന്നതിനോ കോടതി നേരിട്ട് നിർദേശം നൽകേണ്ട വിഷയമല്ല ഇതെന്ന് ബെഞ്ച് വ്യക്തമാക്കി.
ഹർജിയിൽ ഉന്നയിച്ച നിർദേശങ്ങൾ കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ പരിഗണിക്കണമെന്നും ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട എല്ലാ പങ്കാളികളുമായും കൂടിയാലോചിച്ച ശേഷം ഉചിതമായ തീരുമാനം എടുക്കണമെന്നും കോടതി നിർദേശിച്ചു. എന്നാൽ തീരുമാനം എടുക്കുന്നതിന് സർക്കാരിന് പ്രത്യേക സമയപരിധി കോടതി നിശ്ചയിച്ചിട്ടില്ല.
13 വയസ്സിന് താഴെയുള്ള കുട്ടികൾക്ക് നിയന്ത്രണം
13 വയസ്സിന് താഴെയുള്ള കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം നിയന്ത്രിക്കുന്നതിനായി നിയമമോ മാർഗനിർദേശങ്ങളോ കൊണ്ടുവരണമെന്നാണ് ഹർജിക്കാരുടെ പ്രധാന ആവശ്യം. 13 മുതൽ 16 വയസ്സുവരെയുള്ള കുട്ടികൾക്കായി സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയയിലെ ഉള്ളടക്കം നിയന്ത്രിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള പ്രത്യേക ചട്ടക്കൂടും ഹർജിയിൽ ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ടിരുന്നു.
കുട്ടികൾക്ക് പ്രായത്തിന് അനുയോജ്യമല്ലാത്ത ഉള്ളടക്കത്തിലേക്കുള്ള പ്രവേശനം, സൈബർ അപകടങ്ങൾ, സൈബർ ബുള്ളിയിങ്, അമിതമായ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം എന്നിവ സംബന്ധിച്ച ആശങ്കകളും ഹർജിയിൽ ഉന്നയിച്ചിരുന്നു.
മൂന്ന് വയസ്സുള്ള കുട്ടിയുടെ അമ്മയായ കീർത്തി ദുവയും ശിശുരോഗ വിദഗ്ധനായ ഡോ. ശരദ് ഗുപ്തയുമാണ് ഹർജി സമർപ്പിച്ചത്. കുട്ടികളെ ഓൺലൈൻ അപകടങ്ങളിൽനിന്ന് സംരക്ഷിക്കുന്നതിനായി കൂടുതൽ ശക്തമായ സുരക്ഷാ സംവിധാനങ്ങൾ വേണമെന്നാണ് ഹർജിക്കാരുടെ നിലപാട്.
പ്രായപരിശോധനയും രക്ഷിതാക്കളുടെ സമ്മതവും
കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗത്തിന് നിയന്ത്രണം ഏർപ്പെടുത്തുന്നതിനൊപ്പം ശക്തമായ പ്രായപരിശോധനാ സംവിധാനങ്ങൾ ഏർപ്പെടുത്തണമെന്നും രക്ഷിതാക്കളുടെ സമ്മതം നിർബന്ധമാക്കണമെന്നും ഹർജിയിൽ ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ടിരുന്നു. പ്രായപൂർത്തിയാകാത്തവർക്ക് ഹാനികരമായ ഉള്ളടക്കത്തിലേക്ക് പ്രവേശനം ലഭിക്കുന്നത് തടയുന്നതിൽ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ പ്ലാറ്റ്ഫോമുകൾക്ക് കൂടുതൽ ഉത്തരവാദിത്തം നൽകണമെന്നും ഹർജിക്കാർ ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ടു.
ഇന്ത്യയിൽ കുട്ടികളുടെ ഓൺലൈൻ സുരക്ഷയുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട് ഇൻഫർമേഷൻ ടെക്നോളജി ആക്ട്, ഇൻഫർമേഷൻ ടെക്നോളജി ചട്ടങ്ങൾ, ഡിജിറ്റൽ പേഴ്സണൽ ഡാറ്റ പ്രൊട്ടക്ഷൻ ആക്ട്, പോക്സോ നിയമം തുടങ്ങിയ വ്യവസ്ഥകൾ നിലവിലുണ്ടെന്ന് കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ ചൂണ്ടിക്കാട്ടി. കുട്ടികളുടെ ഓൺലൈൻ സ്വകാര്യത സംരക്ഷിക്കുന്നതിൽ ഡിജിറ്റൽ പേഴ്സണൽ ഡാറ്റ പ്രൊട്ടക്ഷൻ ആക്ടിനും പങ്കുണ്ടെന്ന് കേന്ദ്രത്തിന്റെ അഭിഭാഷക കോടതിയെ അറിയിച്ചു.
സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയയുടെ ഉപയോഗം നിയന്ത്രിക്കുന്നതിന് പുതിയ നിയമനിർമാണം ആവശ്യമായി വന്നേക്കാമെന്നും വിഷയം വിപുലമായ പ്രത്യാഘാതങ്ങളുള്ളതിനാൽ വിവിധ വിഭാഗങ്ങളുമായി കൂടിയാലോചന ആവശ്യമാണെന്നും കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ കോടതിയിൽ വ്യക്തമാക്കി.
ഇതോടെ കുട്ടികളുടെ സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗം നിയന്ത്രിക്കണമെന്ന ആവശ്യം കേന്ദ്രസർക്കാർ പരിഗണിക്കുന്നതിനായി വിട്ടുകൊടുത്താണ് ഹൈക്കോടതി ഹർജി തീർപ്പാക്കിയത്. കുട്ടികൾക്ക് സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയ ഉപയോഗത്തിന് ഉടൻ നിരോധനമോ നിയന്ത്രണമോ ഏർപ്പെടുത്താൻ കോടതി ഉത്തരവിട്ടിട്ടില്ല.
Sources:globalindiannews
The Delhi High Court on Thursday said banning or regulating the use of social media by children fell in the realm of the Centre’s policy-making, and asked the authorities to decide on this aspect.
A bench of Justices V Kameswar Rao and Manmeet P S Arora refused to entertain a public interest litigation (PIL) seeking to restrict the use of social media by children and asked the central government to consider it as a representation.
The bench, however, refused to set a timeline for the authorities to complete the exercise.
“Your views would be taken into consideration by the respondents. The stakeholders have to be consulted.
“Their views have to be taken and then it is in the realm of a policy. It is not for a court to give a direction that you should ban this, or that you should ban that. Let them look into it and then pass an order,” the bench told the petitioner’s lawyer.
The petitioner sought a direction to the Centre to consider enacting a law or guidelines to “restrict” the use of social media by children under the age of 13 years.
It also prayed for a framework to “regulate” social media content for children aged 13-16 years.
Central Government Counsel Nidhi Raman said the issue of restricting or regulating the use of social media was a policy issue which has to be considered by the Centre as it may require enactment of a new law.
Such a policy will have wider ramifications, and would require stakeholder consultation, she added.
The Centre’s counsel submitted that the petitioner’s plea can be considered as a representation by the authorities and an appropriate order can be passed.
On being asked by the court if any action was taken after an earlier Supreme Court order on the issue, the lawyer said that the Digital Personal Data Protection Act has been enacted, which also safeguards children’s privacy online.
During the hearing, the counsel for the petitioner raised concerns over the presence of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) on social media platforms and urged the court to direct the government to take a call on the representation in a timely manner.
“We don’t want to bind them. These are all policy matters,” the bench responded.
The court observed that a “ban” is the “ultimate relief” and steps were being taken by the intermediaries against CSAM in the meantime.
The senior counsel for Meta platforms assured that it was taking steps to control CSAM on their platform.
He informed that over six lakh posts containing CSAM were taken down on Facebook last year and over two lakh such posts were also removed from Instagram.
The senior counsel added that the “proactive detection rate” of CSAM was 99 per cent for both the platforms.
“Number of accounts taken down is enormous. At the same time, you can’t stop some perverted rogue elements who do it.
“The technology is growing and it is easier to identify… but what happens is, despite all our efforts, something leaks out and that comes into the media,” he submitted.
http://theendtimeradio.com
National
സെമിത്തേരി നിരോധനം: പെന്തക്കോസ്തു വിശ്വാസികളുടെ പ്രതിക്ഷേധ റാലി
കൊല്ലം ജില്ലയിൽ കരുനാഗപ്പള്ളിക്കടുത്ത് ശൂരനാട്ടുള്ള പെന്തക്കോസ്ത് സെമിത്തേരി സംരക്ഷിക്കപ്പെടണമെന്നുള്ള ആവശ്യവുമായി പെന്തക്കോസ്തുകാർ രംഗത്ത്.
ശൂരനാട് തെക്ക് പഞ്ചായത്ത് ഓഫീസിൻ്റെ മുമ്പിൽ ശവപ്പെട്ടി വെച്ചുകൊണ്ടുള്ള ധർണ്ണയും ഉപവാസ പ്രതിഷേധവും നടക്കുകയാണ്.അസംബ്ലീസ് ഓഫ് ഗോഡ്, ചർച്ച് ഓഫ് ഗോഡ്, എന്നീ സഭകളുടെ പൊതുസെമിത്തേരി ക്കെതിരെയാണ് ഉപരോധം ഏർപ്പെടുത്തിയിരിക്കുന്നത്. ഒരു അയൽവാസി പഞ്ചായത്തിൽ പരാതി കൊടുത്തതോടെയാണ് പ്രശ്നങ്ങൾ ഉടലെടുത്തത്. നാല് സഭകളിൽ നിന്നായി നൂറിൽ കൂടുതൽ കുടുംബങ്ങളുടെ ഈ സെമിത്തേരി സംരക്ഷിക്കപ്പെടണമെന്നുള ആവശ്യം കണ്ടില്ല എന്ന് നടിക്കുകയാണ് പഞ്ചായത്ത് അധികൃതർ.
ഏകദേശം 55 വർഷമായി ഈ സെമിത്തേരിയിൽ ശവസംസ്കാരം നടക്കുന്നുണ്ട്. നാളിതുവരെയും യാതൊരു എതിർപ്പും അവിടെ ഉണ്ടായിട്ടില്ല എന്ന് സെമിത്തേരി ചുമതലക്കാർ പറയുന്നു.
വിദേശ പൗരത്വമുള്ള ഒരു വ്യക്തി സെമിത്തേരിയോട് ചേർന്ന് വീട് പണിയുവാൻ തുടങ്ങിയതിന് ശേഷമാണ് സെമിത്തേരി പ്രശ്നം ഉടലെടുത്തത്. ഇയാളുടെ രാഷ്ട്രീയ സ്വാധീനവും പിടിപാടും കൊണ്ട് സെമിത്തേരിക്കും വിശ്വാസികൾക്കും എതിരെ പഞ്ചായത്ത് നടപടി സ്വീകരിക്കയായിരുന്നു.
സെമിത്തേരിയോട് ചേർന്നുള്ള ഭൂമിയിൽ നിന്നും വൻ തോതിൽ മണ്ണ് നീക്കം ചെയ്യുന്നു എന്ന് പറഞ്ഞു സഭക്കാർ നേരത്തെ ജിയോളജി വകുപ്പിനും പഞ്ചത്തിനും പരാതി നൽകിയിരുന്നു. അവരാരും അത് പരിഗണിച്ചില്ല എന്ന ആക്ഷേപവും ഉയരുന്നു. ഈ സാഹചര്യത്തിലാണ് സെമിത്തേരിക്കെതിരെ ചിലർ കോടതിയെ സമീപിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നത്.
1971 മുതൽ ഈ സെമിത്തേരി പെന്തക്കോസ്തുകാർ ഉപയോഗിച്ച് തുടങ്ങിയതാണ്. അന്ന് പരിസരത്ത് മറ്റ് വീടുകൾ ഇല്ലായിരുന്നു. 2007 ൽ സെമിത്തേരിയോട് ചേർന്ന് ഒരാൾ വീട് പണിയുകയും 2023 ൽ അത് പുതുക്കി പണിയുകയും ചെയ്തു. അതിനു ശേഷമാണ് വിദേശ പൗരത്വമുള്ള ആളിൻ്റെ വസ്തുവിൽ നിന്നും മണ്ണ് നീക്കം ചെയ്ത് മറ്റൊരു വീട് പണി തുടങ്ങുന്നത്. ഓർത്തഡോക്സ് സഭയുടെ സെമിത്തേരിയും ഈ വീടിനോട് ചേർന്നാണ് കിടക്കുന്നത്. എന്നാൽ പെന്തക്കോസ്ത്കാർ വർഷങ്ങളായി ഉപയോഗിച്ച് വരുന്ന സെമിത്തേരിയോട് മാത്രമാണ് അവർക്ക് പരാതി. പഞ്ചായത്തിൽ നിന്നുള്ള വിവരം അനുസരിച്ച് 2023 ൽ പുതുക്കി പണിത വീടിൻ്റെ രേഖ പഞ്ചായത്തിൽ ഇല്ല എന്നും അധികൃതർ അറിയിച്ചുവെന്ന് അജി പള്ളിക്കൽ ക്രൈസ്തവ ചിന്തയോട് പറഞ്ഞു. കളക്ടറിൽനിന്നുള്ള ലൈസൻസ് ലഭിക്കുന്നത് വരെ സെമിത്തേരി ഉപയോഗിക്കരുത് എന്നാണ് കോടതി നിർദ്ദേശം.
അധികൃതരുടെ അവഗണനക്കെതിരെ പ്രതിക്ഷേധറാലിയും പൊതുസമ്മേളനവും നടത്തുവാൻ തീരുമാനിച്ചിരിക്കുകയാണ് ഇവിടുത്തെ പെന്തക്കോസ്ത് സഭകൾ.
Sources:cchintha.in
-
us news11 months agoSan Diego pastor fatally shot in his home; congregation left in disbelief
-
Movie12 months ago‘Light of the World’: Animated Movie About Jesus Hits Theaters Sept. 5
-
Sports12 months agoNBA Star’s Stirring Message on Dangers of Ignoring God, Clinging to ‘Valueless’ Things: ‘Only What You Do For Christ Will Last’
-
us news11 months agoErika Kirk vows to carry on Charlie’s mission: ‘The movement my husband built will not die’
-
Movie11 months agoForrest Frank Posts Blunt Response After Losing 30,000 Followers Over Charlie Kirk Post
-
us news12 months agoChristian Comedian John Crist Gets Engaged in Nashville: ‘God’s Redemptive Plan’
-
us news12 months ago‘He Sat on Jesus’s Lap’: The Time God Miraculously Raised Courtney Smallbone’s Son from the Dead
-
world news11 months ago6 Christians Killed in Latest Fulani Militia Attack in Nigeria

