Connect with us
Slider

us news

200 communist officials demolish church, beat Christians

Published

on

A Christian man was arrested and at least two women were injured in China’s Henan province after 200 communist officials stormed into Sunzhuang Church, which is part of a network of government-run churches, and brought it down using cranes and heavy-duty machinery.

The officials from the Zhengzhou High-Tech District’s Ethnic and Religious Affairs Bureau did not show any legal documents when they demolished the church on June 12, the U.S.-based group China Aid said in a statement this week.

They threw the church’s furniture and other belongings out of the building before razing it, reported China Aid, which helps those who are persecuted by the Communist Party in China.

A Christian woman who tried to resist the officials lost consciousness after being pushed to the ground. She and another female member of the church who was beaten had to be hospitalized, the group said, and a male church attendee was taken into custody.

Sunzhuang Church joined the Three-Self Patriotic Movement in June 2012, when the communist government allowed it to build a new church building. After the building had been constructed in June 2013, the church received eviction and demolition notices from the Sunzhuang village authorities.

China Aid said the 2013 decision to demolish the church was made without the villagers’ consent and authorities were barred from carrying out the demolition at the time. Instead, vehicles owned by Henan province threw tons of dirt and rocks at the church’s doorway. Officials also cut off electricity and water to the church.

The Italian-based magazine Bitter Winter, a publication produced by the Center for Studies on New Religion which covers human rights issues in China, reported earlier this month that authorities removed crosses from more than 250 state-sanctioned churches in Anhui province between January and April.

“All Christian symbols are ordered to be removed as part of the government’s crackdown campaign,” a provincial employee from Ma’anshan city was quoted as saying.

China’s crackdown on religion and religious minorities has drawn scrutiny from international actors such as the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, rights groups, and the U.S. State Department.

2020 annual report, USCIRF noted that not only have authorities removed crosses from churches across the nation, but they have also banned youth age 18 and younger from participating in religious services.

Reports have also indicated that authorities have required that some churches remove pictures of Jesus and the Virgin Mary inside of their buildings and replace them with images of President Xi Jinping.

On Open Doors USA’s World Watch List, China is ranked as one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to the persecution of Christians. The organization notes that all churches are perceived as a threat if they become too large, too political, or invite foreign guests.

Gina Goh, a regional manager for International Christian Concern in Southeast Asia, recently said that China had resumed its crackdown on Christianity after the threat posed by the coronavirus pandemic had reduced.

“In recent weeks, we have seen an increased number of church demolitions and cross removals on state-sanctioned churches across China, as house church gatherings continue to face interruption and harassment. It is deplorable that the local authorities not only conducted this raid without proper procedure but deployed excessive use of force against church members and bystanders,” she said.
Sources:Christian Post

us news

France attack: Three killed in ‘Islamist terrorist’ stabbings

Published

on

Three people have died in a knife attack at a church in Nice, in what French President Emmanuel Macron said was an “Islamist terrorist attack”.

He said France would not surrender its core values after visiting the Notre-Dame basilica in the southern city. An extra 4,000 troops are being deployed to protect churches and schools.

In Nice, one elderly victim was “virtually beheaded”, officials said. Another woman and a man also died.

A male suspect was shot and detained.

Anti-terror prosecutors have opened an investigation into the attack and France has raised its national security alert to its highest level.

French anti-terrorist prosecutor Jean-François Ricard later said the attacker was seriously wounded by police.

Mr Ricard said the suspect was a 21-year-old Tunisian national who had arrived in France earlier this month. He had a document issued by the Italian Red Cross.

Police sources earlier named the attacker as Brahim Aioussaoi. They said he had travelled by boat from Tunisia to the Italian island of Lampedusa in September. He was placed in coronavirus quarantine there before being released and told to leave Italy.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi spoke of “Islamo-fascism” and said the suspect had “repeated endlessly ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest)”.

Two other attacks took place on Thursday, one in France and one in Saudi Arabia.

A man was shot dead in Montfavet near the southern French city of Avignon after threatening police with a handgun.

A guard was attacked outside the French consulate in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. A suspect was arrested and the guard taken to hospital.

Speaking after visiting Nice, President Macron said: “If we are attacked once again it is for the values which are ours: freedom, for the possibility on our soil to believe freely and not to give in to any spirit of terror.

“I say it with great clarity once again today: we won’t surrender anything.”

The president said the number of soldiers being deployed to protect public places across the country would rise from 3,000 to 7,000.

Mr Estrosi compared the attack to the recent murder of teacher Samuel Paty, who was beheaded close to his school outside Paris earlier this month.

Police have not suggested a motive for the attack in Nice. However, it follows days of protests in some Muslim-majority countries triggered by President Macron’s defence of the publication of cartoons that depicted the Prophet Mohammed. There have been calls in some countries for a boycott of French goods.

All three were attacked inside the basilica on Thursday morning before the first Mass of the day.

Two died inside the church: a 60-year-old woman who was “virtually beheaded”, and a 55-year-old man whose throat was cut.

The male victim was a lay member of staff responsible for the upkeep of the church. He reportedly had a wife and two children.

Another woman, aged 44, managed to flee to a nearby cafe after being stabbed several times, but died later.

It later emerged that a witness had managed to raise the alarm with a special protection system set up by the city.

Chloe, a witness who lives near the church, told the BBC: “We heard many people shouting in the street. We saw from the window that there were many, many policemen coming, and gunshots, many gunshots.”

Tom Vannier, a journalism student who arrived at the scene just after the attack, told the BBC that people were crying on the street.

Four police officers arrived at the scene at 08:57 local time (07:57 GMT) and the attacker was shot and detained shortly afterwards, the French anti-terrorist prosecutor said.

Four years ago Nice was the scene of terrorist attack, when a Tunisian drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day on 14 July, killing 86 people.
Sourcves:BBC News

Continue Reading

us news

തുര്‍ക്കിയില്‍ ഭൂചലനം : മരണസംഖ്യ 22 ആയി ; സുനാമി ഭീതിയില്‍ രാജ്യം

Published

on

അങ്കാറ: തുര്‍ക്കിയില്‍ ഏജിയന്‍ തീരത്ത് ഉണ്ടായ ഭൂചലനത്തില്‍ മരണസംഖ്യ 22 ആയി. മരണനിരക്ക് വര്‍ദ്ധിക്കുമെന്നാണ് റിപ്പോര്‍ട്ടുകള്‍ സൂചിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്.ശക്തമായ ഭൂചലനത്തില്‍ 200ലധികം ആളുകള്‍ക്ക് പരിക്കേറ്റിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഗ്രീക്ക് ദ്വീപായ സാമോസിന് വടക്കുഭാഗത്തായാണ് ഭൂകമ്ബമാപിനിയില്‍ തീവ്രത 7.0 രേഖപ്പെടുത്തിയ വന്‍ഭൂചലനമുണ്ടായതെന്നാണ് ഉദ്യോഗസ്ഥര്‍ വ്യക്തമാക്കിയത്.

പടിഞ്ഞാറന്‍ ഇസ്മിര്‍ പ്രവിശ്യയുടെ തീരത്തു നിന്ന് 17 കിലോമീറ്റര്‍ മാറിയാണ് ഭൂകമ്ബത്തിന്‍്റെ പ്രഭവകേന്ദ്രമെന്നും ദൂരപ്രദേശങ്ങളായ ഏതന്‍സിലും ഇസ്താംബൂളിലും ഭൂചലനം അനുഭവപ്പെട്ടതായും യുഎസ് ജിയോളജിക്കല്‍ സര്‍വേ അറിയിച്ചതായി ബിബിസി ന്യൂസ് റിപ്പോര്‍ട്ട് ചെയ്തു. ഭൂകമ്ബത്തില്‍ തകര്‍ന്ന കെട്ടിടങ്ങളുടെ ചിത്രങ്ങള്‍ തുര്‍ക്കി മാധ്യമങ്ങള്‍ പുറത്തു വിട്ടിട്ടുണ്ട്.

ഭൂകമ്ബങ്ങള്‍ ഗ്രീസിലും തുര്‍ക്കിയിലും ഇടയ്ക്കിടെ റിപ്പോര്‍ട്ട് ചെയ്യാറുണ്ടെങ്കിലും ഇത്ര തീവ്രമായ ചലനം അപൂര്‍വമാണ്. കെട്ടിടാവശിഷ്ടങ്ങള്‍ക്കിടയില്‍ തെരച്ചില്‍ നടത്തുന്നവരുടെ ദൃശ്യങ്ങള്‍ സോഷ്യല്‍ മീഡിയയില്‍ പ്രചരിക്കുന്നുണ്ടെങ്കിലും വിവരങ്ങള്‍ സ്ഥിരീകരിക്കാന്‍ കഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടില്ലെന്ന് ബിബിസി വ്യക്തമാക്കി.

Continue Reading

Subscribe

Enter your email address

Featured

Media17 hours ago

Another Pakistani Christian Girl Becomes Victim of Forced Conversion and Forced Marriage

Pakistan– Arzoo Raja, a 13-year-old Pakistani Christian girl, is the latest victim in the pattern of the kidnapping, forced conversion,...

Media17 hours ago

വാഷിംഗ്‌ടൺ യുണൈറ്റഡ് ക്രിസ്ത്യൻ സ്കൂൾ സ്ഥാപകൻ എബ്രഹാം തോമസ് മോസസ്(78) നിര്യാതനായി.

വാഷിംഗ്ടൺ : എരുമേലി മുട്ടപ്പള്ളി മുക്കൂട്ടുതറ ഇടപ്പള്ളിൽ ഏബ്രഹാം തോമസ് മോസസ് (78) വാഷിംഗ്ടണിൽ അന്തരിച്ചു.എറണാകുളം മഹാരാജാസ് കോളേജ്, തേവര കോളേജ് എന്നിവിടങ്ങളിൽ നിന്ന് പഠനം പൂർത്തീകരിച്ചു...

us news18 hours ago

France attack: Three killed in ‘Islamist terrorist’ stabbings

Three people have died in a knife attack at a church in Nice, in what French President Emmanuel Macron said...

us news18 hours ago

തുര്‍ക്കിയില്‍ ഭൂചലനം : മരണസംഖ്യ 22 ആയി ; സുനാമി ഭീതിയില്‍ രാജ്യം

അങ്കാറ: തുര്‍ക്കിയില്‍ ഏജിയന്‍ തീരത്ത് ഉണ്ടായ ഭൂചലനത്തില്‍ മരണസംഖ്യ 22 ആയി. മരണനിരക്ക് വര്‍ദ്ധിക്കുമെന്നാണ് റിപ്പോര്‍ട്ടുകള്‍ സൂചിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്.ശക്തമായ ഭൂചലനത്തില്‍ 200ലധികം ആളുകള്‍ക്ക് പരിക്കേറ്റിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഗ്രീക്ക് ദ്വീപായ സാമോസിന്...

us news2 days ago

Pakistani Court Validates Marriage of Abducted Christian Teen to 44-Year-Old Muslim Man

  Pakistan – International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that the High Court of Sindh has used an interpretation of...

Business2 days ago

ഇൻഡ്യൻ ഗ്യാസ് ബുക്കിങ്ങിന് നവംബര്‍ മുതല്‍ 77189 55555 ഏകീകൃത നമ്പർ നിലവിൽ വരും

ഇന്ത്യന്‍ ഓയിലിന്റെ പാചകവാതക ബ്രാന്‍ഡായ ‘ഇൻഡ്യൻ ‘ എല്‍.പി.ജി. റീഫില്‍ ബുക്കിങ്ങിനായി രാജ്യത്തുടനീളം ഏകീകൃത നമ്പർ കൊണ്ടുവരുന്നു. 77189 55555 എന്ന നമ്പർ വഴിയാണ് നവംബര്‍ മുതല്‍...

Trending