us news
Taliban release decree saying women must consent to marriage
The Taliban has issued a decree barring forced marriage in Afghanistan, saying women should not be considered “property” and must consent to marriage, but questions remain about whether the group that returned to power in mid-August would extend women’s rights around work and education.
The decree was announced on Friday by the reclusive Taliban chief, Hibatullah Akhunzada – who is believed to be in the southern city of Kandahar. “Both (women and men) should be equal,” said the decree, adding that “no one can force women to marry by coercion or pressure”.
The decree did not mention a minimum age for marriage, which previously was set at 16 years old.
The group also said a widow will now be allowed to re-marry 17 weeks after her husband’s death, choosing her new husband freely.
Widows
Longstanding tribal traditions have held it customary for a widow to marry one of her husband’s brothers or relatives in the event of his death.
The Taliban leadership says it has ordered Afghan courts to treat women fairly, especially widows seeking inheritance as next of kin. The group, which came to power in August, also said it had asked government ministers to spread awareness about women’s rights across the population.
The development was hailed as a significant step forward by two leading Afghan women, but questions remained about whether the group would extend women’s rights around work and education.
“This is big, this is huge … if it is done as it is supposed to be, this is the first time they have come up with a decree like this,” said Mahbouba Seraj, executive director of the Afghan Women’s Skills Development Center speaking from Kabul on a Reuters Next conference panel on Friday.
The international community, which has frozen billions of dollars in funds for Afghanistan, has made women’s and human rights a key element of any future engagement with Afghanistan.
Seraj said that even before the Taliban took over the country on August 15, Afghan politicians had struggled to form such a clear policy on women’s rights around marriage.
“Now what we have to do as the women of this country is we should make sure this actually takes place and gets implemented,” said Seraj.
Roya Rahmani, the former ambassador for Afghanistan to the United States, echoed her optimism and added that it was likely partly an attempt to smooth over international fears regarding the group’s track record on women’s rights as the Taliban administration seeks to get funding released.
“An amazing thing if it does get implemented,” Rahmani told the Reuters Next panel, adding details such as who would ensure that girls’ consent was not coerced by family members would be key.
“It’s a very smart move on the part of Taliban at this point because one of the (pieces of) news that is attracting the West’s attention is the fact little girls are being sold as property to others in order to feed the rest of the family,” she said.
During its previous rule from 1996 to 2001, the Taliban banned women from leaving the house without a male relative and full face and head covering and girls from receiving education, coerced men to grow beards and barred the playing of music.
The Taliban says they have changed but many women, advocates and officials remain sceptical.
The group promised freedom of expression, women’s rights and amnesty to officials who worked under the previous government of President Ashraf Ghani. But journalists have faced restrictions and reports have emerged of Taliban fighters involved in revenge killings of former officials. A large number of secondary schools for girls are still not operational, though Taliban has said it is working to open them.
The US has frozen nearly $10bn in Afghan central bank reserves and international financial institutions have suspended development funding for the country, plunging the heavily aid-dependent economy into crisis and leaving economists and aid groups warning of a humanitarian catastrophe.
Seraj said the Taliban now needed to go further, calling for the group to release more rules to clarify women’s rights to access public spaces.
“What I am really waiting to hear next from the same group, from the same person is for him to send the decree regarding the education and right of work for the women of Afghanistan, that would be absolutely phenomenal,” she said.
http://theendtimeradio.com
us news
‘The Eyes, Blood Red!’ Kathie Lee Gifford’s Chilling Encounters with the Supernatural and Demons
Iconic American TV host, singer, songwriter, and author Kathie Lee Gifford is known for her bold faith in Christ. While she mainly focuses on a positive, faith-filled approach to life and the joy of having a relationship with God, that doesn’t mean she hasn’t encountered true evil during her Christian journey.
She recently opened up during an episode of the “Blurry Creatures Podcast,” sharing stories she has never told before about the times she faced supernatural manifestations of evil. She says those experiences “confirmed everything Jesus ever said.”
Kathie Lee went on “Blurry Creatures” to talk about her new book, Nero and Paul. She says there’s a clear contrast when you compare “ancient evil” to our “living hope” as Christians. But she says biblical realities of God’s Kingdom versus Satan’s evil darkness aren’t just ancient history – they are very real and are becoming more apparent in our world.
“Satan is Satan and he has his minions too. You know he has his demons. There’s an evil spirit and there’s a Holy Spirit. I believe that with all my heart,” she said.
Demonic Encounters
She says true evil not only exists, but she has seen it firsthand. And she believes more and more people are seeing it today, particularly through the lens of video recordings of events that we wouldn’t have heard about before the advent of social media.
Part of the lengthy conversation examined her disturbing firsthand exposure to demonic manifestations in separate incidents that took place from Delaware to the Holy Land.
Kathie Lee recounts two distinct experiences where she encountered demonic entities. She describes these events as “confirmed” experiences that reinforced her faith in the teachings of Jesus.
The Encounter with a Monk in Israel
During a trip to Bethlehem when she was 17, she and her mother entered a sacred site where people were lighting candles. They encountered a monk covered in a cloak who began to growl at them.
It happened when she and her companions could not provide money for a ritual because they left their purses on the bus.
She recalls, “And all of a sudden the cloak comes back and he goes… aaaagggghhhh! (makes a screeching sound). The teeth got orange. The eyes, blood red. You know it when you see it. It’s not subtle.”
*** WATCH CBN’s “Investigating the Supernatural” film series. “Investigating the Supernatural: Miracles,” deals with miraculous healing, and the second film — “Investigating the Supernatural: Angels and Demons,” which was released in March — explores the reality of angels and demons. ***
The Delaware Encounter
Kathie Lee reports she had an equally chilling encounter as a teenager in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
While sitting on a boardwalk bench with friends, a group of “gorgeous” young men approached and sat behind them. Although they appeared physically attractive, their behavior became disturbing.
She recalls that when she mentioned the name of Jesus, they began growling and their faces distorted. There was an immediate, oppressive presence that she quickly identified as demonic.
‘Everything Jesus Ever Said’
When asked if these events changed her perspective on the supernatural, she was clear that they validated her existing beliefs. “It confirmed, it confirmed everything Jesus ever said,” she explained.
She notes that while she has felt demonic oppression at other times, these specific instances were the only ones that manifested in such a visceral, physical way.
Kathie Lee highlights the importance of recognizing spiritual reality, arguing that biblical truth is not meant to be seen as a dry moral system, but as a living narrative of the clash between the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of darkness.
Sources:CBN News
us news
ഡാളസ് സിറ്റി-വൈഡ് വാര്ഷിക സമ്മേളനം ഒരുക്കങ്ങള് പൂര്ത്തിയായി: സമ്മേളനം വെള്ളിയാഴ്ച ആരംഭിക്കും
ഡാളസ്: ഡാളസ് സിറ്റി-വൈഡ് ഫെലോഷിപ്പിന്റെ നാല്പ്പതാം വാര്ഷികത്തോടനുബന്ധിച്ച് നടക്കുന്ന പ്രത്യേക സമ്മേളനം ആഗസ്റ്റ് 21വെള്ളി മുതല് 23 ഞായര് വരെ മെസ്കീറ്റിലുള്ള ഷാരോണ് ഇവന്റ് സെന്ററില് വെച്ച് നടത്തപ്പെടുന്നു. പ്രമുഖ പ്രഭാഷകരായ പാസ്റ്റര് അനീഷ് കൊല്ലം , റവ. ഡസ്റ്റി സ്മോള് (Rev. Dusty Small), ഡോ. സൂസന് തോമസ് എന്നിവര് കോണ്ഫറന്സില് വിവിധ സെഷനുകളില് ദൈവവചന ശുശ്രൂഷ നിര്വ്വഹിക്കും. ഡോ. ടോം ഫിലിപ്പ് സംഗീത ശുശ്രൂഷയ്ക്ക് നേതൃത്വം നല്കുന്നതാണ്. ‘ഒന്നായ് യേശുവിനായി (Together for Jesus) (പ്രവൃത്തികള് 2:44) എന്നതാണ് സമ്മേളനത്തിന്റെ ചിന്താവിഷയം.
പ്രോഗ്രാം വിവരങ്ങള്: ആഗസ്റ്റ് 21 വെള്ളി വൈകുന്നേരം 6:30 -ന് കോണ്ഫറന്സിന്റെ ഉദ്ഘാടന സമ്മേളനത്തോടെ വിവിധ സെഷനുകള് ആരംഭിക്കും. ആഗസ്റ്റ് 22 ശനി രാവിലെ 10:00 മണിക്ക് ഡാളസ് സിറ്റി-വൈഡ് ഫെലോഷിപ്പിന്റെ നാല്പതാമത് വാര്ഷിക പരിപാടി നടക്കുന്നു. ഉച്ചയ്ക്ക് 2:00 മണിക്ക് സഹോദരന്മാര്ക്കും സഹോദരിമാര്ക്കുമായി പ്രത്യേക സമ്മേളനം ക്രമീകരിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്. രണ്ട് സമ്മേളനങ്ങളും പ്രത്യേകമായിട്ടായിരിക്കും നടത്തപ്പെടുന്നത്. വൈകുന്നേരം 6:30- ന് മലയാളത്തിലും ഇംഗ്ളീഷിലും പ്രത്യേക യോഗങ്ങള് ഉണ്ടായിരിക്കും. ആഗസ്റ്റ് 23 ഞായര് രാവിലെ 9:30 മുതല് സംയുക്ത ആരാധന ആരംഭിക്കും. മലയാളത്തിലും ഇംഗ്ലീഷിലും പ്രത്യേകമായിട്ടാണ് സഭായോഗം ക്രമീകരിച്ചിരിക്കുന്നത്. ഇംഗ്ലീഷിലുള്ള സര്വ്വീസ് രാവിലെ 10-മണിക്കാണ് ആരംഭിക്കുന്നത്.
കൂടുതല് വിവരങ്ങള്ക്ക് താഴെ പറയുന്ന നമ്പറുകളില് ബന്ധപ്പെടാവുന്നതാണ്: (214) 223-1194/ (214) 334-6962/ (469) 363-5109. കൂടാതെ ഔദ്യോഗിക വെബ്സൈറ്റ് ആയ www.Dallascitywide.org സന്ദര്ശിക്കാവുന്നതുമാണ്. ഈ അനുഗ്രഹീത കൂട്ടായ്മയിലേക്ക് ഏവരെയും ഹൃദയപൂര്വ്വം സ്വാഗതം ചെയ്യുന്നതായി ഭാരവാഹികള് അറിയിച്ചു.
Sources:nerkazhcha
us news
സില്വര് ജൂബിലി നിറവില് സീയോന് ചര്ച്ച്; പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയത്തിന്റെ സമര്പ്പണം ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 29ന്
ഡാളസ്: ഏഴ് കുടുംബങ്ങളുടെ ചെറിയൊരു കൂട്ടായ്മയായി ആരംഭിച്ച് ഇന്ന് വിവിധ ഭാഷാ-സാംസ്കാരിക പശ്ചാത്തലങ്ങളിലുള്ള വിശ്വാസികളെ ഉള്ക്കൊള്ളുന്ന ബഹുതലമുറ സഭയായി വളര്ന്ന സീയോന് ചര്ച്ച് (Zion Church) പുതിയൊരു ചരിത്രനാഴികക്കല്ലിലേക്ക്. സഭയുടെ 25-ാം വാര്ഷികമായ സില്വര് ജൂബിലിയോടനുബന്ധിച്ച് പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയത്തിന്റെ സമര്പ്പണം 2026 ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 29ന് നടക്കും.
ദൈവകൃപയില് ആരംഭിച്ച ചെറിയ കൂട്ടായ്മ 2000 നവംബര് 12നാണ് ഔദ്യോഗികമായി സഭയായി സ്ഥാപിതമായത്. Assemblies of God, North Dallas Section-ന്റെ അഫിലിയേറ്റഡ് സഭയായാണ് സീയോന് ചര്ച്ച് പ്രവര്ത്തനം ആരംഭിച്ചത്. പാസ്റ്റര് ലിജു പണിക്കര് സഭയുടെ ആദ്യ പാസ്റ്ററായി ശുശ്രൂഷ ചെയ്തു.
ആദ്യകാലങ്ങളില് വിവിധ വാടകക്കെട്ടിടങ്ങളിലായിരുന്നു ആരാധനകളും സഭാ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങളും നടന്നിരുന്നത്. പിന്നീട് Assemblies of God സഭയ്ക്ക് സ്ഥലവും അതിലുണ്ടായിരുന്ന പഴയ കെട്ടിടവും യാതൊരു ചെലവുമില്ലാതെ നല്കി. സഭയുടെ തുടര്ന്നുള്ള വളര്ച്ചയ്ക്ക് ശക്തമായ അടിത്തറയൊരുക്കിയ നിര്ണായക നാഴികക്കല്ലായിരുന്നു ഇത്.
വര്ഷങ്ങള് പിന്നിടുമ്പോള് സീയോന് ചര്ച്ചിന്റെ ശുശ്രൂഷകളും പ്രവര്ത്തനമേഖലയും ഗണ്യമായി വികസിച്ചു. വിവിധ തലമുറകളെയും ഭാഷാ-സാംസ്കാരിക പശ്ചാത്തലങ്ങളെയും ഉള്ക്കൊള്ളുന്ന സഭയായി ഇന്ന് സീയോന് ചര്ച്ച് വളര്ന്നിരിക്കുകയാണ്.
നിലവില് ഇംഗ്ലീഷ്, മലയാളം, തമിഴ് ഭാഷകളില് പ്രത്യേകം ആരാധനാ ശുശ്രൂഷകള് നടത്തിവരുന്നു. ഇതോടൊപ്പം ഫ്രിസ്കോ ക്യാമ്പസും ആരംഭിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഹിന്ദി ഭാഷയിലുള്ള ശുശ്രൂഷ ആരംഭിക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള പ്രാരംഭ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങളും പുരോഗമിക്കുകയാണ്.
പാസ്റ്റര് ജസ്റ്റിന് സാബു സീയോന് ചര്ച്ചിന്റെ ലീഡ് പാസ്റ്ററായി ശുശ്രൂഷിക്കുന്നു. പാസ്റ്റര് ബിജു ഡാനിയേലും പാസ്റ്റര് ജിജോ ജോയിയും മലയാളം ശുശ്രൂഷകള്ക്ക് നേതൃത്വം നല്കുന്നു. പാസ്റ്റര് പീറ്റേഴ്സണ് മാത്യൂസ് തമിഴ് ശുശ്രൂഷയുടെയും പാസ്റ്റര് സ്റ്റീവന് പോള് ഫ്രിസ്കോ ക്യാമ്പസിന്റെയും പാസ്റ്ററായി സേവനം അനുഷ്ഠിക്കുന്നു. വിവിധ തലമുറകളെയും ഭാഷകളെയും സമൂഹങ്ങളെയും ഒരുമിപ്പിച്ചുകൊണ്ട് സഭയുടെ ദര്ശനം മുന്നോട്ടുകൊണ്ടുപോകുന്നതില് പാസ്റ്ററല് ടീം നിര്ണായക പങ്കുവഹിക്കുന്നു.
സഭയും വിവിധ ശുശ്രൂഷകളും വളര്ന്നതോടെ നിലവിലുള്ള കെട്ടിടത്തില് ആവശ്യമായ സൗകര്യങ്ങള് ഒരുക്കാന് കഴിയാത്ത സാഹചര്യമുണ്ടായി. ഇതോടെയാണ് പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയം നിര്മ്മിക്കാനുള്ള പദ്ധതിക്ക് തുടക്കമായത്. നിര്മ്മാണ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങള് ഇപ്പോള് പൂര്ത്തീകരണത്തിന്റെ അവസാനഘട്ടത്തിലാണ്.
പുതിയ പദ്ധതിയുടെ സാമ്പത്തിക ആവശ്യങ്ങള് നിറവേറ്റുന്നതിനും നിര്മ്മാണ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങള് മുന്നോട്ടുകൊണ്ടുപോകുന്നതിനും Assemblies of God Financial Team നല്കിയ സഹകരണവും പിന്തുണയും നിര്ണായകമായിരുന്നുവെന്ന് സഭാ നേതൃത്വം അറിയിച്ചു.
പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയത്തിന്റെ പൂര്ത്തീകരണവും സമര്പ്പണവും സഭയുടെ സില്വര് ജൂബിലി ആഘോഷത്തോടൊപ്പം നടക്കുന്നു എന്നതും പ്രത്യേകതയാണ്. കഴിഞ്ഞ 25 വര്ഷങ്ങളിലെ ദൈവത്തിന്റെ വിശ്വസ്തതയുടെയും കരുതലിന്റെയും സാക്ഷ്യമായാണ് സഭ ഈ ചരിത്രനിമിഷത്തെ കാണുന്നത്.
പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയം ഒരു കെട്ടിടം മാത്രമല്ല, സീയോന് ചര്ച്ചിന്റെ ശുശ്രൂഷാ യാത്രയിലെ പുതിയ അധ്യായമാണെന്ന് സഭാ നേതൃത്വം വ്യക്തമാക്കി. വരും വര്ഷങ്ങളില് കൂടുതല് വിപുലമായ ശുശ്രൂഷകള്ക്കും സുവിശേഷ പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങള്ക്കും വിവിധ സമൂഹങ്ങളിലേക്കുള്ള പ്രവര്ത്തനങ്ങള്ക്കും പുതിയ ആരാധനാലയം കേന്ദ്രമാകുമെന്നാണ് പ്രതീക്ഷ.
ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 29ന് നടക്കുന്ന സമര്പ്പണ ശുശ്രൂഷയോടെ, 25 വര്ഷത്തെ അനുഗ്രഹീത യാത്രയ്ക്ക് നന്ദി അര്പ്പിച്ചുകൊണ്ട് സീയോന് ചര്ച്ച് പുതിയൊരു അധ്യായത്തിലേക്ക് പ്രവേശിക്കും.
Sources:nerkazhcha
-
us news11 months agoSan Diego pastor fatally shot in his home; congregation left in disbelief
-
Movie12 months ago‘Light of the World’: Animated Movie About Jesus Hits Theaters Sept. 5
-
Sports12 months agoNBA Star’s Stirring Message on Dangers of Ignoring God, Clinging to ‘Valueless’ Things: ‘Only What You Do For Christ Will Last’
-
us news11 months agoErika Kirk vows to carry on Charlie’s mission: ‘The movement my husband built will not die’
-
Movie11 months agoForrest Frank Posts Blunt Response After Losing 30,000 Followers Over Charlie Kirk Post
-
us news12 months agoChristian Comedian John Crist Gets Engaged in Nashville: ‘God’s Redemptive Plan’
-
us news12 months ago‘He Sat on Jesus’s Lap’: The Time God Miraculously Raised Courtney Smallbone’s Son from the Dead
-
world news11 months ago6 Christians Killed in Latest Fulani Militia Attack in Nigeria

